Brownsburg
    My 97 ZJ
    IMAG0559_zps51e2f16f.jpg

jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    I love jeeps,i have three of them.83 scrambler,93 wrangler and 96 cherokee.I think everyone should have at least one!

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Ok I'm not a Jeeper

Im a Pathfinder kinda guy, but anyone have a lead on a used roof basket threw any clubs or associations ??

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Mission Impossible run over the weekend:

320352_389758114429492_687189945_n.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

Umm......this is how you get stuck going DOWNHILL!
    DSC00505.jpg

Notice the fresh scrapes near the door lock, Before that I was driving on all 4 tires and 2 doors! :D

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    As far as axles and lockers and all that i wouldn't worry too much about it right off the bat. Buy it, wheel it, get to know how it drives off road stock. Make sure you have tow points and skid plates to protect the under side. Get a lift and some tires and keep wheeling it. I dont see the need to run out and buy a locker(s) and axles you'd be surprised what they will do with open diffs and good tires.

When it comes to offroad performance a Locker is the BEST thing performance wise i've done to my Jeep. Learn to wheel open first, then lock it.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My girl friend and I went to Badlands off road park customer appreciation day. Since the XJ is not in the best shape right now and one part that needs replaced is the wheel hubs up front, I rode with my friend in his 08 JKU. She was riding for most of the day and loved it. Then we did a seat switch up during a restroom break. The guy who owned the JK went to the passenger seat, I went to the back seat, and she then realized she was driving. She was nervous at first, but we played around in the quarry, trail to the creek, the creek, through the tubes and back to the quarry and she loved it. When we got back to the quarry, my friend said follow that Jeep. It was going down the rock wall in the corner that everyone goes up and down. She was like, "you want me to go down that?". After we went down and I wanted to go up, so we switched seats. The JK had street tires and the owner had never made it up that yet since he been going there. I lined up and gassed it and made it up fine. The problem now, I need to replace many parts on my XJ before I get it back to around stock. For the time being, once I replace my wheel bearings, I will take it back off road again.

IndyGuns1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    indy
    Fellow wrangler driver here! I've got 2, one is a 94 YJ, and the other is a 2000 TJ, weird enough the 94 is my daily driver!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Thanks Skinr. I like it so far. I had a 77 CJ7 back in 1997. Got to drive it for a month when I was home on leave. My family wrecked it towing it to California.

Top Bottom