• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    a doctor denies you treatment/drugs bc hes discriminating against your age.... prolonging your pain and missed days at work... sounds like a legit lawsuit by todays standards!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I know I need to get off the norco bUT without anything my migraines are horrible and last time I ended up in the hospital twice in one day and got toradol injections and that didn't even help. I have done the excedrine and had to take way to o much just to function and same with the fioricette.

I'm sorry, but if you are truly as debilitated by these as you say and you haven't come across Relpax, then you're not doing enough to help yourself. That is very easy to find as a possible option with the littlest bit of online research. Don't count on a doctor to make you feel better. I did a google search for "migraine treatment options" and the first link was Mayo clinic giving a nice description of possible treatments (including Relpax). One google search, first result.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

also, spend time on online forums. I'm sure there are plenty and just start making a list of things to try. Give each a week before you give up and move on to something else.

Migraine Headaches Forums

Migraine Community

Headache & Migraine Support Group & Forum • Index page

Migraines & Headaches Help - Forums and Discussions - MedHelp

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    a doctor denies you treatment/drugs bc hes discriminating against your age.... prolonging your pain and missed days at work... sounds like a legit lawsuit by todays standards!!!

Hah. Sure. So if a patient disagrees with a doctor's diagnosis and treatment plan they should be able to sue because they miss work? What industry do you work in?

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Thank you for your opinion..
    I'm sorry, but if you are truly as debilitated by these as you say and you haven't come across Relpax, then you're not doing enough to help yourself. That is very easy to find as a possible option with the littlest bit of online research. Don't count on a doctor to make you feel better.

also, spend time on online forums. I'm sure there are plenty and just start making a list of things to try. Give each a week before you give up and move on to something else.

Migraine Headaches Forums

Migraine Community

Headache & Migraine Support Group & Forum • Index page

Migraines & Headaches Help - Forums and Discussions - MedHelp

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Id sue the **** out of him

So...when our insurance rates jump again next year I have you to thank for that?

He didn't do anything wrong from what I read. The OP just didn't agree with his assessment. It's ok to disagree. The doctor/patient relationship should be based on a common goal of making the patient better and it doesn't seem like this one got off on the right foot. He's gotta get an MD that he can trust with his care but suing the doc just because he felt like his issue was prematurely dismissed isn't legal grounds for action.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sorry to hear about you pain. My sister was having the same problems and just recently got out of the hospital. She reported to me that they gave her a shot in the back of her head and have never felt better. I'm not sure what the shot was, but I'm glad she is feeling better.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    sure, I added another line up there with a link to a Mayo website too

Thank you I will check out the links when I can get on a computer. I just need to get a doc to give me a referral pet my insurance since the migraine clinic want my primary care manager and my doc at the time never seemed to get it done and that's part of why I'm now looking. Do you know of any shortcuts to get that done or is it all up to a pcm?

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I will check out the nerve block that would be great If that would work for me.I'm so done with taking pillsall the time. Will have to check with a dog once I find one. Do you think a internal medicine doc would be best for a primary care manager or just a family doc?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Posting it here just for information. I'm not trying to sell anything.

My wife has been selling Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential oils for over a year now. At this point I know what you're thinking, "probably just snake-oil". Well I was the same way in the beginning. As a matter of fact, I'm probably still her biggest critic in telling her that just because it does work on one person it won't necessarily work on another. That being said, I've seen this stuff in action. Head-aches is one thing that has amazed me. Fortunately I don't suffer from head-aches but I've known many people now that do. Our neighbor went through a 3-4 month period where she was constantly suffering from horrible migraines. My wife gave her a free sample and she was sold. She came back over to our house an hour later and said she couldn't believe it but her head-ache was gone. For the next few months she was buying the head-ache relief oil blend and she said it worked wonderfully until her head-aches just stopped happening.

That is only 1 in a multitude of anecdotal stories that I have personally witnessed with people that have had horrible head-aches and have been able to get relief with these oils. If you're willing to try it, I will see if there is any way my wife can get anymore free-samples.

FWIW, I never thought I'd be telling anybody about how great these are. I had always thought at some point I'd have to let her down easy and tell her they were snake-oil, but now even I am using them for a multitude of reasons.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    As bunnykid said a chiropracter does wonders for my migraines. Also my mom and me were both put on a persciption called propanolol (inderol). I take 2 40mg pills a day, and it has dropped the frequency from about 2 a month to about 2 a year, and when I do have them they arent near as severe as they used to be. It costs me $4 a month without insurance, and well worth it. My mom has had the same luck with it.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I would definitely be willing to try it. My wife and I are big into natural medicine and healing type stuff, just havnt learned as much add we would like yet. I have actually tried the essential oils from whole foods but they don't have any special blend and they aren't near as potent as some. I appreciate you're response and if you could get a sample that would be great. I would be happy just to find something to take the pain level down since that is basically ask the painkillers do and never actually get rid of it. I know I need to get off all that junk to get the rebound migraines gone to figure out the root cause

Posting it here just for information. I'm not trying to sell anything.

My wife has been selling Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential oils for over a year now. At this point I know what you're thinking, "probably just snake-oil". Well I was the same way in the beginning. As a matter of fact, I'm probably still her biggest critic in telling her that just because it does work on one person it won't necessarily work on another. That being said, I've seen this stuff in action. Head-aches is one thing that has amazed me. Fortunately I don't suffer from head-aches but I've known many people now that do. Our neighbor went through a 3-4 month period where she was constantly suffering from horrible migraines. My wife gave her a free sample and she was sold. She came back over to our house an hour later and said she couldn't believe it but her head-ache was gone. For the next few months she was buying the head-ache relief oil blend and she said it worked wonderfully until her head-aches just stopped happening.

That is only 1 in a multitude of anecdotal stories that I have personally witnessed with people that have had horrible head-aches and have been able to get relief with these oils. If you're willing to try it, I will see if there is any way my wife can get anymore free-samples.

FWIW, I never thought I'd be telling anybody about how great these are. I had always thought at some point I'd have to let her down easy and tell her they were snake-oil, but now even I am using them for a multitude of reasons.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Have you tried a good chiropractor? They can do some amazing things that a regular doctor cannot.

I want to try one but am also a little worried it will make things worse. I read that some ppl get spinal migraines or something from it. If anyone knows of a good one that isn't to costly let me know because my insurance doesn't cover it.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I had migraine headaches very bad for well over a decade. I realized there were triggers for me. Mine was mainly nicotine. Mine started at age 11, now nearly 20 years later continue to some degree. I quit smoking about 7-8 years ago, and my frequency dropped dramatically. Before I would experience at least 2 a month and sometimes as many as 6. Normally lasting between 2 to 3 days. Now I may get two or three a year. Now when they hit they are not as intense and generally last less than 36 hours.
    My suggestion is keep a daily journal of everything thing you do. The hours of sleep you get, if you smoke, foods you eat, even where the food comes from. Some restaurants use different oils or ingredients that may be your trigger.
    This will help you narrow down triggers for yours. Keep in mind there are several common ones. Caffeine, hard cheeses (cheddar), food allergies (wheat), and many more.
    Good luck.

Top Bottom