• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Anybody seeing any chasing, pointing to the rut is nigh?

Saw a single 1.5yr old 6 pointer cruising, otherwise little activity in the woods this morning.

Obviously, these abnormally warm temperatures aren't helping things...hopefully the next couple mornings with lows about 10 degrees cooler gets the deer active.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Plenty of scrapes and rubs in my local hunting area too. Got a nice 8 pointer scratching on my cam to days ago. Hes come around 3 days straight at 5:30pm everyday so hopefully he'll be there at same time tomorrow

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Went out also this morning. See 4 deer,does/yearlings, come thru woods behind me. 15 minutes later seen a 6/8? pointer come from same general area thru woods but not following group earlier.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Oh yeah.. Lots of activity going on this morning. We have a thread on my forum that is entitled "Live From The Stand". It has been going on since September 15th. Today there was a lot of posts and activity going on. Lots of chasing...

I had 8 within archery shooting range, A decent 8 pushed a doe past me, He was kind of high but narrow racked. Git a pass...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only mature bucks we've seen have been at first light and we've been in the stand morning and evening since Saturday. Some predicted a trickle rut like we had in 2013 and it's certainly looking that way thus far.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    My buddy hunted all day today. Saw several basket racks and smaller scrub bucks. Said a few were grunting and pushing does. He saw a shooter at 1230 and put an arrow through a slammer boss hog at about 5pm.

Several does, about 9 bucks total with a BBD to top off...

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Got 2 scrapes right out in the back yard with a couple more and a mess of rubs just inside the woods. Been gone all week so don't know how much activity there has been but did watch a doe cross the yard this evening and she kept looking back at something but I didn't see what it was.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    110-120" and a smaller buck, on field edge in dark as we pulled in.
    No other deer seen.
    Not much squirrel activity (or anything else).
    Place has cooled off a BUNCH.

Suspect yotes have been around. Was like that before, but neighbors blasted them pretty hard over the last 2 or 3 yrs, really helped things.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    On US 421 just north of Medaryville, I just about made venison sausage Saturday with my Kenworth. He was a very large buck, 12+ points, chasing a piece of tail across the road.

I wonder if I can get a pic of him from my company dash cam?

Last edited:

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I was at our farm in White county this morning at 5:30 sitting in my tree stand. About 8:30, a squirrel came by and then 2 mice were jumping in front of the ladder. Two woodpeckers popped by about 9 to say hello. Then to top it off, at 11:45 I hear what I think is a plane about to crash, I get down fast and go out in the field just in time to see two A10's buzzing the tree tops at around 200 feet max.They circled and went right over top of me! They buzzed around in circles for a few more minutes and then back to the nest. So, in other words, there was not a deer to be found by me today from the Southeast side of Indianapolis to White county.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ive spent all week watching weather, and deer thinking this would be the best morning of the season.

At roughly 10am, and basket rack came flying up the drag line I layed. That was it.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Best morning ever on public land. Saw about 12 total including a 6/8 buck and a fork. The fork was really after a few does. Sadly the larger buck didn't care that I was over 100 yards away and refused to come say hello. Also, more squirrels than I could count that literally did not care that I was present. This was southern Putnam County for reference.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    All quiet from first light on except for two squirrels and a chipmunk... until 9:30. Big-bodied 8pt came cruising through my small woodlot funnel at a steady pace. If he comes through Sunday morning I aim to take him.

Top Bottom