• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    For the past year and a half my girlfriend and I have been wanting bees not only for honey, but to help pollinate the garden. Ive researched on and off the entire time. Was just wondering if others have the same idea and never pursued it or are active bee keepers?

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    I'm just starting out with bees. I built a top bar hive over the winter and my bees are scheduled to arrive on 5-19. I wanted the bees mainly for the pollination for my orchard
    and garden, and if I get any honey out of the deal so much the better. I went with top bar hive due to lower cost and it looks to be more natural. I plan on posting pictures when the bees arrive.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    My wife and I are also considering doing the bee thing, for a lot of reasons. Have plenty of room just havent pulled the trigger yet.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Last year I acquired a bee hive. I only did one to start since I was new to this type of hobby. Learned a lot for sure. I had a lot of fun with having bees and you get to see how they operate in their own environment. I did a Langstroth hive last year. I am doing the same this year. This time I am getting 3 hives. I am going to leave 2 on my property for, of course, the honey. And I will be leaving 1 hive at my in laws down the road for their apple trees and their garden. If you are going to get started on this, talk to a local bee keeper. That is how I got started in raising bees.

Top Bottom