Another reason my CA has money problems...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    While Kalifornia is probably the worst it is not the only place that this happens. The government thinks they deserve the best of everything while we lowly citizens are forced to live hand to mouth! :twocents:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    You mean to tell me that politicians use taxpayer money any way that they want? Sometimes in unjustifiable means? No way!

Sorry for the sarcasm. Hopefully this will be a good wake up call for people to start watching what politicians do, Local, State, and Federal alike.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Again, a call for some reality needs to go out everywhere! I say privatize all gov't functions to the lowest bidder and adjust all job positions to the average private sector wage for that job. Hell, it can't be any worse than what we have been getting from the elected govt people and maybe we can curtail some unneccesary spending and taxation in the process!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Again, a call for some reality needs to go out everywhere! I say privatize all gov't functions to the lowest bidder and adjust all job positions to the average private sector wage for that job. Hell, it can't be any worse than what we have been getting from the elected govt people and maybe we can curtail some unneccesary spending and taxation in the process!

I don't know about most of those functions, but I know what happens when you do that with your ambulances: You get a private service that's more interested in doing the convalescent transfers that are guaranteed money than they are in doing the emergent calls that need serviced right now. The crews on the trucks have no say in the matter; by and large, they'd prefer the emergency to the routine, but waiting for what might happen is not feasible. So if most of the trucks are out taking granny home from the hospitals and three calls come in at once, all needing a unit right-the-hell-now, someone's going to have to wait a little longer. Seconds count.

I don't disagree with your principle, there would simply need to be precautions taken to prevent the above nightmare scenario from occurring.... or at least making it so that if it does happen, it happens because everyone's out on emergencies.

Just my :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom