• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Ok, INGO, gonna dump the Taurus PT111 G2 and move up. I'm really leaning towards the Springfield XDM 9c unless something sways me another way.

I want to stay with 9mm as my carry piece. Also considering the M&P9c.

I'm not a Glock fan at all and usually want a manual safety but I'm a fan of the 1911 (for the range) and the grip safety I believe could satisfy as a replacement for a manual safety.

Any thoughts?

Don't beat me up to bad, I know this topic comes up "every once in awhile". Lol

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Have had and like both Smiths and Springfields and would say probably the M&P9c would be my pick. Great ergos and I went with the Apex trigger in mine and must say makes the trigger awesome!psyko

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I have both. My wife likes the XDM more and I prefer to have no saftey on my carry gun...not even the grip saftey. They are both great guns. Shoot them both and pick the one that is right for you. There is no wrong answer here just person preference.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Cannot help you there as I am a Glock Man, however, my daughter married a Sailor, and he carries an XD in 9mm (That's two strikes) but he swears by it and she is still stuck with him anyway.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have the XDm Compact in both 9 mm and .45 cal. They make great EDC guns if you are looking for a smaller double stack. Both are incredibly accurate and I have not had any feed issues with either using any ammo I have thrown at them. The only gripe I could come up with on them would be the factory trigger. It is just too long for my tastes. But that is a personal preference and you might find them acceptable. I'm a bit different and like the trigger and grip safeties. Neither requires anything special other than a good grip on the gun. It just gives me a little peace of mind knowing it will require some real effort on my part to "accidentally" blow my own leg off.

Thankfully the folks at Powder River Precision offer some Trigger Kits to rectify that little gripe I have/had. I went with the Drop-in Kits on both. I'm no expert gunsmith here. I just followed the youtube videos closely and was able to install them myself in under 30 minutes. I must say, they made a huge difference and I am now one happy camper with them.

I typically carry mine with the compact magazines. It makes it easier t conceal. The 9 gives me 13+1 and the 45 gives me 9+1 with compact magazines. I have larger hands so I compensated by adding the Pearce Grip Extensions to my compact magazines.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Shoot both and get the one you shoot best. I prefer the Springfields. I also look at the grip safety as a plus. When reholstering, my thumb goes on the back of the slide therefore the grip safety isn't depressed. This will prevent a ND if a piece of clothing or something else gets into the trigger guard aka Glock leg.

I've had my 5.25 XDm for 3 or 4 years now. Carried it a lot and shot it a bunch too. Not 1 hicup. I've put well over 2,000 rounds through it, probably closer to 3k. And I bought it used.

I've transitioned to a XDs for my EDC but still carry the 5.25 .

And I'm not knocking the M&P's. They are great guns too.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    XDm fan here. Though I've become more of a trigger snob as I've gotten into revolvers, had a couple CZs "cajonized" by the Wizard, and recently picked up a PPQ (that has a ridiculous factory trigger for a striker-fired gun), I won't part with my XDms. I have a couple... a 9mm compact in bitone, and a full-sized 45 that is also bitone. The triggers are nearly identical between the two, and I've been very pleased with the accuracy I get from both. Reliable, nice looking, accurate, easy to field strip and maintain, and for me, ergos that help me point very naturally with it. I've become much more a fan of all-metal guns, ala revolvers and CZs, but I can't find much of anything to fault with the XDm. Yes, the trigger could be better, but I find it doesn't beat up my trigger finger like other models that either have an articulated-style trigger, or safety "dingus" in the middle of the trigger.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    XDM9c, M&P 9c, but also the XD9c Mod 2...

I've owned the latter two and enjoyed them both. The XDM aggressive grip didn't feel right in my hands, but it's a solid firearm.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Sweet, just the info I was looking for. I didn't mention the Mod 2 but have been considering it as well. As for a long trigger, I'm kind of used to that with some Taurus pistols I've owned that have the strike 2 capability. Still leaning towards that XDM 9c but we'll see...

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have a full size xdm and just bought the Mod2 9mm in 3 inch. I really like the mod2 and it holds 13 rounds or 16 with the extender. Just sent it off to Springfield for the carry package upgrade, same as the full size, love them.

Carry package will get me some night sights, 4.5# trigger (they give you a different trigger as well) as well as a polish and text fire for function.

Top Bottom