Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know week is stronger than in my day. Late 70s early 80s but dang
    Timothy leary strong?....lol
    I get the sarcasm
    Yeah, definitely a poke at the "they want to escape reality!" crowd. :):

Mid 70's mostly for me. But I remember "Acapulco Gold", "Redbud", "Thai Stick", and "Kona Gold".
    Puna bud, Maui wowee, Afghani blond hash... I'm sure the potency has improved, but not to the degree they say. I'm guessing they are basing the difference off Mexican ditch weed busted at the border compared to top shelf "medical grade".

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Liz Wheeler is beginning to grow on me as a conservative broadcaster. I liked her on OAN and I like her now. She starts into discussing mass shooters just after the 16 minute mark.

Warning; This is Liz's whole show and it covers various topics, including numerous promotions.

To her credit, she noted brokenness of families as the primary cause.

Then she goes on to speak of the medical marijuana industry "that stands to make money" without noting that pharma "stands to lose money" if natural alternatives are used.

She is correct that we have been inundated with propaganda regarding marijuana. However, I am not sure she is looking deep enough into history.

Here is an example:

I have not and do not partake in marijuana myself. However, I have seen what it can do in multiple medical situations and would not hesitate if I were in one of those situations nor would I deny it to a loved one in such.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have always liked Liz's work. Im glad she toned down the makeup. She actually looks more feminine now that she has a more natural look. When she started she used a damn putty knife to apply the makeup, and my wife actually asked "Wait. Is that a woman? She has so much makeup on "she" looks like she is trying to hide something." :):

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have not and do not partake in marijuana myself. However, I have seen what it can do in multiple medical situations and would not hesitate if I were in one of those situations nor would I deny it to a loved one in such.
    You mean if you decide you just want to get buzzed, right? I learned on INGO that having anything to do with cannabis makes you a dirty hippy who can’t get off the couch but is destined to become a mass shooter.

Lots of well informed folk here. For God’s sake, let’s ban something he/she created.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You mean if you decide you just want to get buzzed, right? I learned on INGO that having anything to do with cannabis makes you a dirty hippy who can’t get off the couch but manages to become a mass shooter.

Lots of well informed folk here.

If it does not pick my pocket or break my leg, I have a hard time giving a rat's ****.

-Jefferson

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a hard time kicking a mans door and shooting his dog because he dared to grow flowers in his own garden.

Anyone who is in favor of that, may your chains rest lightly on your shoulders.

You will never "make the cut" for the fbi or atf with an attitude like that.

You not only have to shoot his dog. You have to shoot his wife and child too. Might even need to burn a whole property.

Slacker.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thank you for that. But for the most part it's BS, several of things were not based on any known use. 2 of them were just because it happened on 4/20 "a symbolic date for junkies." Perhaps they didn't like cannabis and were pissed at stoners? Maybe there are a couple members of this forum we need to watch out for on that day? :): And several others they just wonder if they used.

I won't say much about the various links in the paper one or two were dead, one freaked out my computer as a security risk, one linked to an article about a prospective study, one linked to a study that was done by web survey of students, that type of stuff for a good chunk of them.

But the three links to studies at the bottom of the page, well that's something else. One was useless for pretty much anything but propaganda, one linked to the American Survival website :dunno: . But the third the one that that "article" cited for this "The 15% or so of marijuana users who experience psychotic symptoms from marijuana or go into permanent psychosis (schizophrenia) are 9x more likely to become violent than schizophrenics whose illness has nothing to do with drugs. *" That is what I want to thank you for, it is a very interesting study and for that I thank you, seriously. Although the study did not claim anything like what the article said it did. This is the study I'm referring to.

ETA Couldn't they have come up with a better name? It reminds me greatly of the 90s "this is your brain on drugs". Perhaps if they partook a bit they could have been a bit more creative?

Last edited:

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    a) Just because it us "from the Earth" doesn't mean it is good for you. Opium and cocaine are pretty darned "natural". As are most poisons. The Earth doesn't care if you live, die, or get high from what you ingest.
    Marijuana grows, you dry it, then you smoke it..... similar to coffee and tobacco.

The other substances you mentioned have to go through an extensive chemical and mechanical "rendering" process that isolates and concentrates the psychoactive chemicals. Coca leaves and poppy seeds ain't gettin' nobody high.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Marijuana grows, you dry it, then you smoke it..... similar to coffee and tobacco.

The other substances you mentioned have to go through an extensive chemical and mechanical "rendering" process that isolates and concentrates the psychoactive chemicals. Cocoa leaves and poppy seeds ain't gettin' nobody high.
    Actually for opium it's pretty dang simple, about as simple as cannabis, their seeds ain't gettin' anyone high either. Grow the plant cut a couple shallow slits on the pod, wait a day, scrape of the sap that has dried. You got opium. Coca (not Cocoa, big difference) leaves have been chewed for a buzz/energy for as long as there is recorded history. Fun fact Coca cola used to be and I believe still is the largest producer of medical cocaine in the US. Needless to say that the plant they process the leaves at has some pretty high :): security.

Last edited:

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Actually for opium it's pretty dang simple, about as simple as cannabis, their seeds ain't gettin' anyone high either. Grow the plant cut a couple shallow slits on the pod, wait a day, scrape of the sap that has dried. You got opium. Coca (not Cocoa, big difference) leaves have been chewed for a buzz/energy for as long as their is recorded history. Fun fact though Coca cola used to be and I believe still is the largest producer of medical cocaine in the US. Needless to say that the plant they process the leaves at has some pretty high :): security.
    I knew to go from coca leaves to powdered cocaine was an extensive process, I guess I assumed the same for opium.

A better angle is that anything, even naturally made when ingested in excess can be a bad thing. Those same chemicals when ingested in a manner that is tolerated by the body and mind can be very productive.

I guess my problem with some of the respondents in this thread is the blatant and obvious hypocrisy. You want the liberty and freedom from the gun grabbers to keep their hands out of your gun safe but you have no qualms passing judgement and restricting others liberty when you don't like what they're doing.

Last edited:

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    Actually for opium it's pretty dang simple, about as simple as cannabis, their seeds ain't gettin' anyone high either. Grow the plant cut a couple shallow slits on the pod, wait a day, scrape of the sap that has dried. You got opium. Coca (not Cocoa, big difference) leaves have been chewed for a buzz/energy for as long as their is recorded history. Fun fact though Coca cola used to be and I believe still is the largest producer of medical cocaine in the US. Needless to say that the plant they process the leaves at has some pretty high :): security.
    Ah medical coke, great for making you not feel the next 5 needles going in to your eye....

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I did my share back in the day. Always had a good job, nice home, and paids all of my bills. I enjoyed the buzz. Never once did or see anyone burn one and then go beat hell out of the wife but, did see quite a few drinkers get totally violent after just a few drinks. I basically stopped when all the drug testing started, wasn't worth loosing my job over.
    When I was diagnosed with Cancer a lot of people said smoking pot would make me feel better. Figured it was worth a try, unfortunately it just made me feel sick, just my luck, lol. IMO, not a damn thing wrong with smoking weed. It's weak minded people that let weed, alcohol, or drugs control their life.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I knew to go from cocoa leaves to powdered cocaine was an extensive process, I guess I assumed the same for opium.

A better angle is that anything, even naturally made when ingested in excess can be a bad thing. Those same chemicals when ingested in a manner that is tolerated by the body and mind can be very productive.

I guess my problem with some of the respondents in this thread is the blatant and obvious hypocrisy. You want the liberty and freedom from the gun grabbers to keep their hands out of your gun safe but you have no qualms passing judgement and restricting others liberty when you don't like what they're doing.
    Nah, opium is just the dried milk(sap) of the pod. Morphine and heroin do take processing to make from opium. Another fun fact, heroin got it's name due to it's "heroic" pain fighting ability and was originally thought to be less addictive than morphine.

Yep, heck too much water is bad for you. Tom Brady caught flake for telling people they needed to drink as much water as he did. Healthcare professionals said for most people that advice could end them up in the hospital if not the grave. It would flush too many electrolytes out of their system which would cause electrical issues in the heart.

And you better keep your hands of their alcohol as well.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Fun fact Coca cola used to be and I believe still is the largest producer of medical cocaine in the US. Needless to say that the plant they process the leaves at has some pretty high :): security.
    There was a guy on JRE a few months back talking about this. Apparently Coca-Cola still has the flavor/essence from the coca leaves but they have developed a processed to take out the fun stuff. Wonder where the fun stuff goes :scratch:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There was a guy on JRE a few months back talking about this. Apparently Coca-Cola still has the flavor/essence from the coca leaves but they have developed a processed to take out the fun stuff. Wonder where the fun stuff goes :scratch:
    Medical use. Eye surgery and other procedures is a big one, mouth, throat and yes nose are others. Fast acting with a quick recovery. Veterinarians use it as well for surgery. Coca leaves are illegal to import, coca cola has a special dispensation to do so. They've been taking the coke out of the leaves since the very early 1900s. Before that coca cola contained cocaine.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Another interesting take on drugs and their historical usage has interested me lately.

I've recently read The Immortality Key and I have The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross in the on-deck circle. Fodder for the "what if" side of my brain.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    A more definitive psychiatric take on Cannabis Use Disorders (CUD) and its relationship with psychoses is presented in a medical journal, "Psychiatric Times", dated March 11, 2021. This is last year, not 1941 or 1961 or 1971. Potency - the percentage of THC - in what is sold now, especially "legally" in those states that have legalized it, has increased substantially compared to the baggies of weed from the 1960's and 1970's. The combination of potency and frequency of use is very directly correlated with CUD and related psychoses onset and incidence rate. Bottom Line: CUD and its induced psychoses are very real and increasing in prevalence due to significantly increased THC potency when combined with increased frequency of use. These psychoses, when they present themselves, can lead to unpredictable and violent behavior.

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/cannabis-cause-psychosis

This table is referenced in the article:
    Cannabis Use Table.png

John

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom