• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I am really trying hard to not point out that technically, this is an OC-er that was relieved of their firearm.....

:D

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Understand what you are saying OP. Heck of a world we live in today.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    was the robbery suspect armed (before he stole the victims new rifle) or just able to relieve the person of a firearm?
    Yes. From the other story in the other thread about this, the thief was armed. The other thread/story also had a picture of the thief. It looks like it was taken by a security camera as he was exiting the building and passing between the theft detection panels.

My guess is that he was hanging around the gun counter waiting for someone to buy a gun, then went outside and waited for the buyer to exit.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...3703-need_to_be_packing_when_your_buying.html

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    They are saying now that they think it's the same guy..

EDIT: Which, btw, is BRILLIANT reporting from the media. Post two articles on the same webpage, with two guys that look very similar, and it takes the public posting messages saying "HEY! That guy looks just like.." for them to make the connection? :facepalm:

Last edited:

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    my mother works at the walmart the incident happened at, the suspect was armed when he went into the store to buy a rifle, he was denied due to the background check, then watched another guy buy a rifle and then proceeded to rob him of his weapon at gun point in the parking lot, told him to walk back into the store slowly and he might let him live. way to close to home for me, if mom would've got hurt there would've been hell to pay. it is the same suspect from the incident in indy he is wanted for murder among other charges.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Pretty scarey indeed. My bet is that if it is the same guy, he's probably heading south. Indy, then Columbus, etc. Hope they catch him before he does more!

This, and an armed robbery at a CVS in Seymour yesterday have helped me convince my with that she needs to be carrying!

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    Convincing the wife

Congratulations on convincing the wife!! I have been trying, but even these recent issues haven't convinced her to get her Lifetime permit.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Congratulations on convincing the wife!! I have been trying, but even these recent issues haven't convinced her to get her Lifetime permit.

I know this is off topic, but a member on here pointed out a very good reason for a family member to get their license...they might just drive your car that happens to have a weapon in it, for whatever reason. It's a cheap $125 insurance policy that keeps them from getting in trouble should a loaded weapon be in your car and they borrow the car.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was expecting him to be long gone out of state. And the next time we'd hear about him would be a violent incident in another state.

But idiots, you know they do they wackiest things.

Oh, and unrelated: IMPD arrested the crapbag (registered sex offender) that raped a 15 year old in Irvington last week. Entered the residence through a basement window. Scary stuff.

Pending a fair trial and all that, maybe he won't be leaving prison anytime soon.

+1 IMPD

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was expecting him to be long gone out of state. And the next time we'd hear about him would be a violent incident in another state.

But idiots, you know they do they wackiest things.

Oh, and unrelated: IMPD arrested the crapbag (registered sex offender) that raped a 15 year old in Irvington last week. Entered the residence through a basement window. Scary stuff.

Pending a fair trial and all that, maybe he won't be leaving prison anytime soon.

+1 IMPD

I have to give kudos to the MCSD sex offender registry unit. They provided the suspect's info to IMPD, facilitating his capture. Great job MCSD.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom