• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fantix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lawrence Co
    I have a question about my trust, particularly Form 4, line 2a and change of address. So here is the background: When I made the trust, let’s call it INGO Trust, I lived in town A. Well I moved to town B. I, along with my parents are on the INGO trust, but my parents still live in town A. All NFA trust Items still reside with them in town A for storage reasons. I am the Settlor and initial Trustee on the INGO trust and my parents are Trustees. So the question becomes, do I need to update the address with the ATF?:dunno:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The answer to this question is the answer to your question: Did the location and trustees of the firearms change physical location?

Fantix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lawrence Co
    The answer to this question is the answer to your question: Did the location and trustees of the firearms change physical location?

One of the trustees, me, changed location, but the other two trustees and NFA items did not. So if I am understanding correctly, all it takes is one trustee to stay at original address along with items and I'm good to go?

Will the different address on my license vs. the address on the trust cause problems when I purchase another NFA item?

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Did you get one of these $99 trusts? The reason I ask is I would not want to take advice from a bunch of guys from Indiana that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. I have called my trust layer a couple times already or emailed him and he always gets back to me that same day if not within the hour. I would just call the ATF and get that right answer. My Holiday Inn guess would be that if the guns are not moving then it won't matter.

I'm not sure about the DL though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Did you get one of these $99 trusts? The reason I ask is I would not want to take advice from a bunch of guys from Indiana that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. I have called my trust layer a couple times already or emailed him and he always gets back to me that same day if not within the hour. I would just call the ATF and get that right answer. My Holiday Inn guess would be that if the guns are not moving then it won't matter.

I'm not sure about the DL though.

This is what I was thinking too. If you went through a lawyer then call him. That is your best option other than calling the ATF

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    One of the trustees, me, changed location, but the other two trustees and NFA items did not. So if I am understanding correctly, all it takes is one trustee to stay at original address along with items and I'm good to go?

Will the different address on my license vs. the address on the trust cause problems when I purchase another NFA item?

My opinion and experience is that the trust purchases the NFA item. Therefore the address remains the same. Otherwise if you personally purchase the non-NFA item and transfer it to the trust the DL info is the one purchasing it and then transferring or giving it to the trust. (This would be for a Form 1 created item.) I have done it both ways and again this is my opinion and experience regardless of where I stayed last night!

hmaverick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2014
    Greenfield, IN
    Most trust lawyers, like myself will only want to risk answering a question for their own trust clients. This is one of the benefits of getting a trust with lifetime legal support like mine.

Marc

Top Bottom