• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    This thread is so full of stupid uninformed posters I can't believe it.
    Here is one:
    "Some will survive but most recur. Everyone responds differently. I find it offensive that the State dictates what should be done. "

Truth is childhood blood cancer treatments have the highest survival rates out there. Childhood cancers are very predictable that is why they have developed treatment protocols.

My son is an 8year survivor of blood cancer. When you go through that with a child you get a TRUTH based perspective.

The Amish parents have doomed their child to certain death by their choices.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Meh. The parents have decided they'd rather have a dead child than have someone else treat her with something other than voodoo. Their choice. Unfortunately, they've chosen poorly.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Analogies are common enough. If you really wanted to know why you would have deduced as much on your own. Im sure youre a sharp enough tac to get that they see the kid being abused. However, if you just wanted to argue, you would have foregone any actual thinking and aimed to undermine anything you could get ahold of.
    The use of the analogy is not what I question. The utter stupidity of it and why you thought I would fall for stupid is what I'm trying to figure out.

I agree. If you feel so strongly about it then, yes, you should try to protect them. My point was that criticizing others of the same mind set is folly. Others may choose different means, sure, but that doesnt make them bad people. Value is subjective.
    I don't want to "help." I just want the family to be able to make the choices they want to make.

This thread is so full of stupid uninformed posters I can't believe it.
    Here is one:
    "Some will survive but most recur. Everyone responds differently. I find it offensive that the State dictates what should be done. "

Truth is childhood blood cancer treatments have the highest survival rates out there. Childhood cancers are very predictable that is why they have developed treatment protocols.

My son is an 8year survivor of blood cancer. When you go through that with a child you get a TRUTH based perspective.

The Amish parents have doomed their child to certain death by their choices.
    So what? Everybody dies. Where is your moral authority to judge their decisions by your standards?

Meh. The parents have decided they'd rather have a dead child than have someone else treat her with something other than voodoo. Their choice. Unfortunately, they've chosen poorly.
    Poorly by your standards. Which last time I checked didn't matter. And, I might add, is a very large bit of hypocrisy on your part. But it's not the first time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No hypocrisy at all. The parents are free to choose to kill their child. That's what they've done. Pistolbob is dead on. Blood cancers are immanently curable using modern medical science. Happens all the time at places like St. Vincents and St. Judes. Voodoo cures nothing except life. I don't support the state mandating it, but these ignoramuses are choosing to ignore people who truly do know better than them, when it comes to healing their child. I really don't care. They're stupid and they will pay the ultimate price for their stupidity. They'll lose their child.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "So what? Everybody dies. Where is your moral authority to judge their decisions by your standards?"

Fill a bath tub with water put your baby in it and leave them. What standards would you use to judge you?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "The hospital and government officials who chose to abuse any possible power they have to overrule the parent's choices have chosen more poorly by orders of magnitude. '

Let the parents pour Drano down the kids throat. Parents always know and do what is best right?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You do know that voodoo is a Haitian Religon brought over from Africa and blended with a touch of Catholicism? Amish is not that....Oh wait...You were trying to be snarky to believers in a higher power...Got it now....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No hypocrisy at all. The parents are free to choose to kill their child. That's what they've done. Pistolbob is dead on. Blood cancers are immanently curable using modern medical science. Happens all the time at places like St. Vincents and St. Judes. Voodoo cures nothing except life. I don't support the state mandating it, but these ignoramuses are choosing to ignore people who truly do know better than them, when it comes to healing their child. I really don't care. They're stupid and they will pay the ultimate price for their stupidity. They'll lose their child.
    Did it ever occur to you that the prevention of death wasn't a priority for this family? They are not stupid. They apparently value quality of life, no matter how short it may be. There are some people in this country--the world--that don't look at death as the end of life, don't see it as a horrible thing, and don't have any reason to fear it.

"So what? Everybody dies. Where is your moral authority to judge their decisions by your standards?"

Fill a bath tub with water put your baby in it and leave them. What standards would you use to judge you?
    Logical fallacy. Neglect and use of force to CAUSE harm are not the same thing as choosing from available treatments. This isn't neglect. This is a choice not to force the girl to suffer just for the sake of keeping her on earth. You may not make that choice, but it doesn't mean the choice is wrong, neglectful, or harmful.

"The hospital and government officials who chose to abuse any possible power they have to overrule the parent's choices have chosen more poorly by orders of magnitude. '

Let the parents pour Drano down the kids throat. Parents always know and do what is best right?
    Parents do know best because best isn't defined by you, me, or the state. It's defined by the family's priorities. Whether or not they do it is largely irrelevant unless by their deliberate action they cause harm to the child. If we were to take your opinion to the logical conclusion, all children should be removed from their parents' custody at birth and raised by the state. At least then the abuse, neglect, and harm would be legal and sanctioned.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Did it ever occur to you that the prevention of death wasn't a priority for this family? They are not stupid. They apparently value quality of life, no matter how short it may be. There are some people in this country--the world--that don't look at death as the end of life, don't see it as a horrible thing, and don't have any reason to fear it.
    More death worshippers. Feh. Got no use for that type, if that's what they're doing, (which you don't know). With the use of modern medical science this girl could have had a long, fruitful life. Her parents have chosen to kill her, instead. I don't give a rats ass what they do it in the name of. It's the wrong decision. Sad thing is these cretins, and many others, probably say they're "pro-life". That's laughable.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    More death worshippers. Feh. Got no use for that type, if that's what they're doing, (which you don't know). With the use of modern medical science this girl could have had a long, fruitful life. Her parents have chosen to kill her, instead. I don't give a rats ass what they do it in the name of. It's the wrong decision.
    Why is it the wrong decision? Without imposing your standards on them, give me one objective, universal reason why it's the wrong decision.

Sad thing is these cretins, and many others, probably say they're "pro-life". That's laughable.
    How is it laughable? Do you not see the difference between the active KILLING of life and the refusal to prevent death just for the sake of preventing death?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Those damn Amish gave that kid blood cancer. They should be sentenced to death.

Let's add to this scenario. Say this 10 year olds uncle Jeb kidnaps her and brings her back to the us because he feels that getting this treatment is her best chance of living.

What do we do with Jeb?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When death by disease & natural is twisted into "parents killing their children" and "neglect" and "child abuse" and "murder"... then the state is invited to enact all manner of control over families in the pursuit of extending life (maybe) at all costs. Every medical fad could be imposed by force, because failing to follow the orders of the men in white coats is becoming grounds for calling CPS. Forced vaccines, forced depression meds; the possibilities are endless.

And, of course, when the unnatural corporate interventions directly put the patient through a hastened and miserable death, the language is much different. The malicious tone of the do-gooders disappears. Then it was "a hard choice." They "did what they thought was right." "Its everybody's time to go sometime." It was "an unfortunate fact of life." "Nobody could prevent this." "Experts agreed." At this point, ironically, the death is assigned to natural causes, instead of the pharmaceuticals and unnatural interventions, sometimes done by force. Whereas the parents are sometimes charged with murder for not intervening, no accountability exists when the patient dies of too much intervention.

It says a lot that parents are fleeing the country because of fascists in white coats now actually having the power to drug their children. These kind of stories are popping up with regularity. The Brave New Police State is here.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "Neglect and use of force to CAUSE harm'

So it is not neglect to not use know treatments for ALL, which has the high cure rates of childhood blood cancers, over treatments with almost an almost 0 survival rate?
    To any sane person it would be neglect of treatment.

Letting the disease take its course is not causing HARM?

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    This is not a case of parental abuse, or even neglect. They are not turning a blind eye to their child's medical needs. They simply hold an opinion contrary to medical, and apparently legal, orthodoxy, and that is apparently a crime in modern America.

The OP's article explained the parents wanted to pursue alternative methods that involve the use of herbs. CathyInBlue is correct. They are not going to just allow the child to die. Too many of you are conditioned to believe that modern medicine is better than natural cures, so much so that you ridicule anyone that does not believe the way you do. The video explained the child was feeling better with the natural treatments.

Logical fallacy. Neglect and use of force to CAUSE harm are not the same thing as choosing from available treatments. This isn't neglect. This is a choice not to force the girl to suffer just for the sake of keeping her on earth. You may not make that choice, but it doesn't mean the choice is wrong, neglectful, or harmful.

Parents do know best because best isn't defined by you, me, or the state. It's defined by the family's priorities. Whether or not they do it is largely irrelevant unless by their deliberate action they cause harm to the child. If we were to take your opinion to the logical conclusion, all children should be removed from their parents' custody at birth and raised by the state. At least then the abuse, neglect, and harm would be legal and sanctioned.

There are some folks on the right that would agree with taking the child from the parents, but the majority of the people with this opinion are on the left/liberals. The liberals are the ones that believe it is okay for a woman to kill her child while it is in the womb. 56 million + abortions and there are people deriding the Amish family for deciding to use alternative methods. Is anyone else out there shaking their heads in disbelief?

The government wants us to be dependent on them for everything and that includes healthcare. It is still all about control. There are lots of people being cured by natural methods, but that's not what is being pushed by the MSM or the government. This government dislikes natural remedies so much that they send SWAT teams to farms and co-ops. They use intimidation to try to shut down choice. They do not want alternative methods to cure diseases. Why would you not trust them when it comes to the 1A or 2A and then trust them for anything else. Still shaking my head...

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Cathy is not correct.

"They are not going to just allow the child to die."

I have read less than .01% survival rates for 'natural treatments for childhood ALL, Yet over 95% using modern drugs.

They have chose an option where there child will die because they did not like the side effects of the drugs.

Some parents do not like hearing a child cry, so can they leave them out in the cold?

They may have a chance of surviving hypothermia?

Top Bottom