• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Who thinks that it is retarded that you can't legally own a short barreled shotgun?

You can legally own a SBR, a Full auto, a silencer but not a shotgun with a 14 inch barrel? I know that you can get a shotgun that is classified as AOW, but I would love to have a shotgun with a shorter barrel for home defense.

I would love to hear their reasoning on their decision...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know the reason, but my guess is that it "makes them too easy to conceal". Some legislator no-doubt saw one in a movie where the bad guy had one under his trenchcoat.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    As we learned from the Assault Weapons Ban, the folks who write these laws don't necessarily know anything about firearms.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Actually what needs to happen, IMHO, is in the statute that regulates these items the following words need to be added: "...except firearms lawfully registered and posessed under the National Firearms Act."

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sorry, wasn't sure which forum to put it in...

No worries! I just moved it for ya!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Actually what needs to happen, IMHO, is in the statute that regulates these items the following words need to be added: "...except firearms lawfully registered and posessed under the National Firearms Act."

As long as we're dreaming, why don't we just repeal the NFA? :thumbsup:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't see this as a pipe dream at all. There has been a substantial amount of pro-gun legislation in the past few years, and at least one state has even repealed their state ban on MG's and suppressors. I think that if enough citizens spoke with the right legislator, then something as simple as this would be possible.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think we should all write our representative and get one of them to sponsor a bill to change this law in the next session. If we can have machine guns it is stupid that we can not have short barreled shot guns.

Anyone have any contact with their representatives? I'll see if I can talk with Allen Paul before the next session and see what he says about it. I think I am correct that it is an Indiana law that needs to be revised.

If all they have to do is change to the except line as in earlier post, it should be easy to get done. Keep us updated with any progress made.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think we should all write our representative and get one of them to sponsor a bill to change this law in the next session. If we can have machine guns it is stupid that we can not have short barreled shot guns.

Anyone have any contact with their representatives? I'll see if I can talk with Allen Paul before the next session and see what he says about it. I think I am correct that it is an Indiana law that needs to be revised.

If all they have to do is change to the except line as in earlier post, it should be easy to get done. Keep us updated with any progress made.

Yes, it would really be that easy! And yes, it is Indiana law that needs changed. I'd write my rep, but at this point I don't even know who that is...:dunno:

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I find it hilarious that a Serbu Shorty which is incredibly concealable with it's short barrel and pistol grip is legal as an AOW but if you made it less concealable by adding a shoulder stock you'd be breaking the law. Even if you're anti-gun I don't know how that seems logical. :dunno:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I sent an email to both my Representative and my Senator last night.

I think if we will start a letter/email writing campaign and continue to bring this up to our elected officials, we may have a chance to get this short barrel shotgun rule changed.

We will need to get someone to sponsor a bill in both the House and the Senate. I see Alan Paul at some gun shows with older military swords and such. I am sure that he is a gun friendly if not supporting Senator.

See how your official react and let's see if we can't get this rule changed. It should be obvious to everyone how silly it is.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Anyone else stepped up and wrote your representatives?? One person can not change anything but many voters writing them will get there attention.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    OK guys. A letter every once in a Blue Moon is not going to motivate the representatives to change the law to allow you to own a Short Barrel Shotgun.

Are we just complaining for the sake of complaining or do we want to get this changed. If you want a change you have to get engaged in making something happen.

Top Bottom