• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaveMan58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    ...or is the media just completely uninformed as always? I keep hearing about requiring background checks at gun shows. I've purchased at gun shows and have had to always pass a background check, or at least I thought I was being checked. Am I wrong? I understand that when buying from private party this isn't the case. Is this what they're mistakenly referring to when they say the "gun show loophole?"

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    They do not understand the difference between purchasing from an FFL holder and a private sale. The "gun show loophole" is a fabrication, whether it is malicious or simple ignorance is debateable.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Uninformed at best.

It would be more accurate to describe the media as actively engaged in an agenda of deliberate misinformation aimed at swaying the opinion of the uninformed masses.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The "gun show loophole" is simply spin on perfectly legal private party sales. It just sounds more menacing that way.

To say "anyone can buy a gun at a gun show without a background check" is blatantly false. The media simply doesn't care, as long as it generates views (and ad revenue).

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This scheme is just another step in the liberal handbook to disarm us. Otherwise why would they be pushing something this ridiculous so hard?

CaveMan58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    So then yes, I am definitely having my background check ran when I purchase from a dealer at the show? I do believe it's a bit of both, maliciousness and ignorance. They won't truly work to find the truth since it does not serve their purpose. And the ones that don't hold malice for lawful gun owners just don't care to find the truth because, well they simply don't care enough to be correct. Gun lovers are the convenient whipping posts of the elitist media in my opinion.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Most of them are just going by what Mr. President says. He claims that you can buy firearms from FFLs without a background check at gunshows, which is not the case.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Uninformed at best.

It would be more accurate to describe the media as actively engaged in an agenda of deliberate misinformation aimed at swaying the opinion of the uninformed masses.

^^^ This.

Top Bottom