• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone feel that Google's search results are biased to be anti-gun? I'm writing a letter to Senator Coats, Senator Donnelly, and my congressman urging them to vote against any AWB bill. In my letter I cite a few stats on the 1994 ban's impact (or lack thereof).

When I tried using Google to check my facts, the results are just overloaded with anti-gun articles. It also annoys me how both in search results for anything news-related to guns I'm flooded with junk from Slate and Mother Jones, two very anti-gun opinionated organizations. (The name of Mother Jones annoys me too... I don't need Big Mother telling me what to think.)

Anyone notice the same thing about Google?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. Then again, I know how Google works. Results are predicated on recent searches and most popular pages. The antis have been out in force in the last week and have driven the stats up, thus giving you the results you're seeing. Try a different word search and use exact wording of what you're looking for. Google doesn't rely on stale results, it's incredibly up to date.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    They pulled all gun stuff out of search results some time ago. Bing at least will deliver gun stuff in results even if it's not as good at searching other stuff. Makes you wonder how much crap they censor on other results. I stopped using them entirely.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They pulled all gun stuff out of search results some time ago. Bing at least will deliver gun stuff in results even if it's not as good at searching other stuff. Makes you wonder how much crap they censor on other results. I stopped using them entirely.

And they thought China was too extremist. Sounds more like a match made in heaven to me.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy

What?

Google 1911. You get nothing but gun results.

What are you talking about?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What?

Google 1911. You get nothing but gun results.

What are you talking about?

^^This. I've never had an issue finding anything gun related using Google. They do not censor search results. Any failure to find suitable results on a search are the result of the searcher, not the engine.

Top Bottom