• ...and so much more!
  • qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I can only see it getting worse, so I thought it might be a help to include some alternatives to some of the more popular apps, programs, or services that are used daily. I will start it off with what I personally use and will try to update the OP as I find time with recommendations from our community. A WIKI would be ideal, but it does not look like that plugin is installed. Those below seem to be resilient to pressure to silence or de-platform those that might be deemed "objectionable" .

Browser:

DNS:

Domain Hosting/Registrar:
    • Epik
    • Do your own hosting... It is not ideal, but will probably become more popular out of necessity.

Email:
    • Protonmail (VPN, Drive, Calendar, and Contacts as well)

Payment Processing:

Search

Twitter Alternative:

Youtube

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can only see it getting worse, so I thought it might be a help to include some alternatives to some of the more popular apps, programs, or services that are used daily. I will start it off with what I personally use and will try to update the OP as I find time with recommendations from our community. A WIKI would be ideal, but it does not look like that plugin is installed. Those below seem to be resilient to pressure to silence or de-platform those that might be deemed "objectionable" .

Browser:

DNS:

Domain Hosting/Registrar:
    • Epik
    • Do your own hosting... It is not ideal, but will probably become more popular out of necessity.

Email:
    • Protonmail (VPN, Drive, Calendar, and Contacts as well)

Payment Processing:

Twitter Alternative:
    Youtube
    Protonmail already has a cloud service beta that I am currently using because I am on their paid service. It does look like it will be A very nice alternative to OneDrive or Google drive or whatever else is out there . They are starting to Rebrand to proton apps and away from protonmail because of all the new services and things are trying to introduce

Top Bottom