• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Anyone have a good experience with an alarm monitoring company in or around Indy?

Just trying to find a monitoring company with good service that is reasonable. Already have alarm, just need to hook it into the system.

I'm not aware of anyone other than like circle city alarm, spoke to them once for a part and was not real impressed. Maybe a bad day, don't know, what else is out there?

Thanks,
    Steve

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I used to have ADT until they called to tell me that the power to the alarm had been cut and the unit was on battery. Two weeks after the fact.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There are at least a couple of UL listed nation-wide monitoring companies. Take a look at Criticom International. I'm with them for $9/mo. Been satisfied. Much less expensive than, say ADT.

Criticom International

And, they're annoyingly prompt to call if you have a battery or sensor issue, even if it's in the middle of the night.

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Hey Cosermann,

Do you go directly to them or was there someone that set it up? I looked at their website and I see where they have the monitoring services, just didnt see a page that said what and for how much.

Thanks for the link, it sounds like what I would like.
    Steve

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Do you go directly to them or was there someone that set it up? I looked at their website and I see where they have the monitoring services, just didnt see a page that said what and for how much.

I bought, installed, and setup my own system through SafeMart.com. Come to think of it, yes, I think they facilitated the whole thing somehow.

You could ask Criticom through their contacts page:
    Criticom International

There are others. If you google "UL listed alarm monitoring" or "UL listed alarm companies" they should pop up.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    +1 Brinks

After some reasearch we went with Brinks,

My wife and I looked at customer reviews, articles, awards, price, coverage, and service.

I left my neighbor to let my dogs out when I left town 2 times, both times he triggered the alarm when he was leaving. Both times he said it took no longer than 3 minutes for the police to arrive.

Keep in mind i live right next to a few stations and the state police post, perhaps that had a factor also.

We got glass break sensors because we have larger dogs and door sensors for the house and garage. It turns out i knew the installer since he was 4ft tall so he added a few extra goodies to our package! yee hawwww:ar15:
    The installation+activation came to approx 720.00$

Well worth my money,

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I left my neighbor to let my dogs out when I left town 2 times, both times he triggered the alarm when he was leaving. Both times he said it took no longer than 3 minutes for the police to arrive.

Keep in mind i live right next to a few stations and the state police post, perhaps that had a factor also.

Response time from the alarm to the confirmation call from the company is one thing; response time by the police department is something else entirely (and has little or nothing to do with the alarm company). Brinks/Broadview has always been fairly prompt in calling to confirm an alarm or problem.

The one time the police were actually dispatched was in the middle of the day - I had left the house but failed to completely close the entry door from the garage and it blew open. The alarm company called the house and got no answer, so they called the cops, then called me on my cell phone. I drove home, turned off the alarm, cleared the house, secured the door, and was on my way out of the neighborhood when I passed two police cars turning in. ;)

I have since been told that as a rule, police are generally VERY slow to respond to home alarms during the day, due to the high percentage of false alarms.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I use Circle City for my business in Westfield. They seem to do a decent job and the price isn't bad. My only grip is that they have one woman that can modify the codes and she seems to depart around 2:30PM everyday so sometimes you can't get a quick change in the afternoon. Not good when you're firing someone and you're too cheap to pay a lock smith to change locks everytime you have a personnel change.

I think it is a complete waste to pay for monitoring in a residence. Our entire neighborhood has the monitoring paid for in the HOA dues, but I don't know of anyone that actually uses the alarms.

Get a big dog!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Anyone have a good experience with an alarm monitoring company in or around Indy?

Just trying to find a monitoring company with good service that is reasonable. Already have alarm, just need to hook it into the system.

I'm not aware of anyone other than like circle city alarm, spoke to them once for a part and was not real impressed. Maybe a bad day, don't know, what else is out there?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Feel free to PM me. I'm the lead tech of a local alarm company. I'd be happy to tell you all about it.....

Top Bottom