• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    You need to start a thread with all your information in the first post and sticky it with a catchy title. So when people ask which AK isn't junk we can just point them to your sticky thread.

After having my 1952 milled Russian Parts kit gun put together by my gunsmith I haven't found one I liked since. The barrel and chamber was chrome plated and was in excellent condition.
    I was stupid for getting rid of it. It was a milled receiver that was cut up atf spec, but my Smith fixed it up really good.
    I sold it when firearms went through the roof. Got a real good price for it. I should have kept it.

Oof. We've all let things get away and kicked ourselves for doing so. That Russian Type 2 (I presume?) would spoil even the most diehard, deepest pocketed AK enthusiast. Kinda hard to pick up a lowly WASR after that.

Brayh92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2023
    Owensburg
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with not knowing them but wNting one to play with. I have plenty of nice quality built rifles that will do anything I need but wanted a cheap AK47 to play with. I ended up getting a good deal on a century arms and while it's nothing special I will say it shoots very well and is fun as hell to play with on steel targets out to about 200 yards.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    You need to start a thread with all your information in the first post and sticky it with a catchy title. So when people ask which AK isn't junk we can just point them to your sticky thread.

After having my 1952 milled Russian Parts kit gun put together by my gunsmith I haven't found one I liked since. The barrel and chamber was chrome plated and was in excellent condition.
    I was stupid for getting rid of it. It was a milled receiver that was cut up atf spec, but my Smith fixed it up really good.
    I sold it when firearms went through the roof. Got a real good price for it. I should have kept it.
    Sounds like you should have kept it, federal reserve notes keep getting printed. Rifles like you just described are few and far between.
    I too get tempted by those same federal reserve notes. I just remind myself, if the rifle/pistol/item is no longer made or would be hard to replace......keep it.

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    Said it a couple times on here, PSA gf3 blem. $600 russian pattern, can be had with folder and saves a **** ton of $$ for ammo and upgrades while u beat the dog pics out of it and learn the platform + amazing warranty.

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    Another recommendation, that sweet sweet side folder Boi action is nice but on a rifle length platform solid stocks just feel better balanced. Also if u want to keep wooden furniture aesthetic and plan to mount an optic then side rail is what u got w/ folder u will have to remove rail every time to fold.

GasTube138

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Munster
    Not a folder, but the WBP Jack from Poland is a nice AK (standard AK furniture) at around $1k. Not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive.

PSA are fine for something to learn on too. For the price they're a better deal than KUSA, and I don't think KUSA are worth the price they charge. They're ok, but not $1000 rifles vs the PSA. PSA you can get it with no furniture cheap and add your own.

I stick to imports, but that's just my autism lol.

I have way more time behind AKs vs any other rifle. Training, practice, that's the most important thing. There's dudes who could consistently hit 600 yards with irons on them. I'm not going to get into an "AR vs AK" debate, no point. I'm not saying they're "better" either. Just that, for most shooters, it's training and familiarity vs the platform itself.

Top Bottom