AK Build Party at USDS on 5/2/2015 (10:00 am)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If you attended the build party at MCFG, you know there are a lot of people interested in AKs.

5329 Mount Pleasant North Street
    Greenwood, IN 46142

URL
    usds.biz

Date
    5/2/2014

Time
    10:00 a.m. (when the shop opens)

Fee
    $10

Slots
    20 Builders (we may add more slots, if necessary)

We will have access to some of the shop facilities (i.e. blasting box) and if the range is ready, we can test fire the weapons when completed. Clay and TheWabbit will be available to assist builders with tools and experience. If you have receiver flats, I can bend them. I also have a spot welder for rails. It is unlikely that we will spot heat treat on location, but once you have a receiver bent and built, I can tell you how to do it with a MAPP torch and salt brine.

Signup
    Simulation HQ - AK Build Party Signup

Confirmed:

Archer
    bcourts
    Clay
    Duffman0286
    JSJamboree
    Hickey
    KirkD
    pwoller
    Spearheadersarge
    TheWabbit
    Trigger Time

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Once you sign up you will need to pre-pay your non refundable $10 fee to attend. This covers renting the facility and all tools and assistance involved. You will build your own gun. And should be able to test fire it too! We will confirm that later once the range is complete.
    Payments can be sent to USDS at the above address or you may also pay in person at the shop. Please make sure to give your ingo username, & a first name. I plan on making or having some name tags made.
    Outside food and drinks are welcome but there will also be drinks (soda) availible for purchase on site. The store will be open and have mags and ammo availible for purchase as well as many other AK accessories. Also of coarse their full regular inventory. It's a great shop!
    YOU MUST PRE-PAY to attend. No payments by phone. It's not worth running their credit cars machine for $10. Mail or in person please.

Thanks to USDS for hosting us this time!! Thanks to the wabbit for helping to get things rolling and for all the tools and knowledge he brings. Also clay! And anyone else who brings tools and knowledge!

For anyone who attended the last AK build party at my house your welcome to this one and I hope to see you all again!!!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Don't forget to register for the AK Build Party. We need to know what kits are coming and what tools we will have from the community. Hydraulic presses and drill presses will be needed the most.

Signup
    Simulation HQ - AK Build Party Signup

And if you have the tools and ability, please demill before the party. If you need walkthroughs, I recorded my RPK demill.

[video=youtube;wIjKYF4xaTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjKYF4xaTE[/video]

[video=youtube;9pTzC2jAzAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pTzC2jAzAM[/video]

[video=youtube;Zefp2NwQdVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zefp2NwQdVc[/video]

[video=youtube;d5by9H1f4jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5by9H1f4jQ[/video]

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I really want to commit to being there. I will know more the week of the 23rd. Not sure of the date of my surgery. We will see what happens. If I can come and there is a spot open I will be there with drill press and tools. I still have tools from the last party. If the owners are going to make this one I will ship them out ASAP if I can't/don't make it. I have 2 to finish.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm in for this one. I will bring a m70B1 to work on and a drill press. Anyone got any leads on a receiver for a Yugo m70?

If you can find a flat, split a 1.5mm punch with Kirkd and I'll bend it for you. I would check NDS and Southern Armament for receivers.

Please make sure that you signup at the link in the first post.

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I don't need a build, but would pay $10 just to stop by and help out, I have taken apart and put back together a few in my days.

You don't have to signup only as a Builder. You can choose Instructor or Observer. The signup is just a way to track who needs what built and what tools people can bring.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    The party keeps on going on... (trigger guards installed). I'm testing that the front trunnion (in the correct position) will work with my magazines and drum. Next step is to rivet the front trunnion to the receiver. I filmed everything so builders will know what to do before the real party on May 2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

bcourts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    I have a couple of kits that need to be built but I have no experience building. Would this event be a good event for me?

Top Bottom