• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I couldn't decide so I bought one of each. I have a Nodak coming for the bulge trunion and i'll bend up / assemble my flats for the Polish build. Looking forward to gaining some experience on the AK platform. I see many nice builds in the INGO forums !! I hope mine turn out as good as some of them.

I can commit to bringing a press, It's one of the cheap Harbor Freight models, 12 ton I think ? Maybe a bench top drill press.

I received the Polish M70B1 kit from Apex today. $ 420.00 bucks for a matching numbers, EX condition, with a plain barrel in the white. A nice kit, probably was never issued. Will make a nice addition to the collection.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What is a date that people would wanna do this? I wanna make sure the guys with the tools can be there Or else it's a wash. I will bring my press, a drill press, a couple dremel tools, 2 fold up tables, anything else you guys can remember tool wise that we used of mine at the last one at my place (bad memory)

if we get a date narrowed down I'll talk with the guys at USDS. If it's there we will have the option to also bead blast, cerekote (for a fee obviously) and a restroom, Ect, also theres a gas station in the same lot so drinks and snacks are availible.
    they really have a nice area for this and mike was very excited about it when we talked last. Great guys over there at USDS and in between builds people could go In the shop part and check out their guns and accessories also buy ammo and mags for their new AK's.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    What is a date that people would wanna do this? I wanna make sure the guys with the tools can be there Or else it's a wash. I will bring my press, a drill press, a couple dremel tools, 2 fold up tables, anything else you guys can remember tool wise that we used of mine at the last one at my place (bad memory)

if we get a date narrowed down I'll talk with the guys at USDS. If it's there we will have the option to also bead blast, cerekote (for a fee obviously) and a restroom, Ect, also theres a gas station in the same lot so drinks and snacks are availible.
    they really have a nice area for this and mike was very excited about it when we talked last. Great guys over there at USDS and in between builds people could go In the shop part and check out their guns and accessories also buy ammo and mags for their new AK's.

I am in and will bring the same tools as last time. Someone toss out a date and we will toss it around. that sounds like a great location!

Let's do this!!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair

How big would the build area be? How many people could it hold? Is it heated?

I have 1 obligation in early April so late March or late April is good for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I would be interested in attending again, work pending of course. I have continued to expand my toolset. I have gotten a 12 ton press and some accessoires for pin removals and installs and I would really be interested in getting my builds blasted and coated. I may even look into getting one of the underfolder Hungo's to build as well. Keep the momentum going!

Walt G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hendricks co
    I'm new to ak building but started collecting tools needed . I am extremely interested but weekend of March 28 and April 4 I will be out of town, (spring break for the kids) . If it ends up being another weekend I'm in . Currently have 12 ton press and should be getting barrel install tool and pin install tools for press any day.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Guys, I heard from Trigger Time and whatever he was working with USDS fell through. And I still haven't heard from anyone at MCFG so we are back to square one.

I'm doing some AK building this weekend while we try to figure out what to do. I'm all ears at this point.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The guys at USDS are very open to having the ak build party there. I just have some personal stuff going on that's taking my time so I can't organize this right now. I think putting it off till April will be best. I can help get it set up by then. I'm just not gonna be in a rush to get one set up by this month. It's too much too soon.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The guys at USDS are very open to having the ak build party there. I just have some personal stuff going on that's taking my time so I can't organize this right now. I think putting it off till April will be best. I can help get it set up by then. I'm just not gonna be in a rush to get one set up by this month. It's too much too soon.

I am also having issues. I have a currant medical situation that has me not knowing what is going on for the next month or so. this date was coming up to fast. We will make this happen. I will be following!

Top Bottom