• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Finally got a nice day to try out a AK 74 (Galil lookalike) that I got on trade this winter , It was shooting fine but almost all at once the cases werent ejecting consistantly.A couple of times the case was stuck on the bolt face as if it wasnt hitting the extractor but it it is really sporadic problem . Does anyone around the Ft Wayne area or around this area have a AK gunsmith . I do know that this is AK is a home build so that probably leaves the problems wide open.Appreciate any suggestions but Im thinking that the extractor is to short to kick out the case,Using surplus ammo which my other 74 loves to eat.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    ether the ejector is to short or a really tight extractor ..... you might have to weld on to the ejector if its to short (of course file, fit, re harden,ect) if the extractor is to tight take the bolt apart and give it a good cleaning replace spring as/if needed

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Obviously clean it first as Duff says and re attack. Next buy an extractor spring, they're only a couple of bucks, and if it's not that then you have extra parts. The most involved would be adding metal to the rail...it's not difficult just the most time consuming.

Top Bottom