• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton

Anyone use any of these accessories from this company?
    I just ran across this company today.
    They have a few decent ideas if you want to modernize an AK.
    I have 1 of their keymo muzzle brakes and blast sheilds. Very nicely machined and has held up very well to some heavy use. Probably have 1800-2000rnds through that combo.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    So if a guy wants to build what's the top 2 best receivers to build off of that's currently available. And in the event a guy doesn't want to spend $1500+ on a imported kit, which front and rear trunnions would you buy?
    I was going to say Nodak Spud but they are seem to be in a state of flux. PSA appears to be buying them.

I don't think Krebs makes flats so... That's all I got.
    Sorry.

MH

W3s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Curious if any INGOers have rolled the dice on this new ammo out of Azerbaijan - Tela. The 7.62x39 has a definite Vympel vibe to it with the lacquered cases and purple sealant. According to the company these are non-corrosive primers, though I'd want to confirm that myself with a nail test.

Yes, this is the same ammo that Kalashnikov USA teased us with a year or so ago, with some dubious claims about it being their in-house brand. Looks like K-USA crapped the bed on an exclusive import contract. Unsurprising, considering their former, *ahem* "film star" spokeswoman.

The website offers direct to consumer sales - www.telaimpex.com - but at least a couple of the big online retailers have TelaAmmo right now, too. My big takeaway is the incoming 5.45 ammo. I will gladly be a guinea pig when that hits the market.

Nice to see more options for us AK fans, especially at a time when PSA is delaying rollouts of its own combloc ammo. PSA vaporware - who saw that coming?

View attachment 289157

View attachment 289160
    Little late to the thread here, but I recently grabbed a few boxes of this stuff. I got 60 rounds, about 10 of them didn't fire, and all had strong primer strike marks. Everything else I shot ran flawlessly. Do not recommend.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was going to say Nodak Spud but they are seem to be in a state of flux. PSA appears to be buying them.

I don't think Krebs makes flats so... That's all I got.
    Sorry.

MH
    NoDak Spud was purchased by JJE at same time they bought a bunch of other companies. NoDak Spud was slotted into a sub-unit of PSA along with H&R.

Here is Mike Wetteland (formerly of NoDakSpud of MN) head of the newly formed NoDak/H&R Retro in SC. He is like a COL of a BDE of PSA which is part of the Army Group JJE.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Being in the Army my whole life, I've always associated the AK with the "bad guys". Always trained to go to war against them, and finally 20+ years after enlisting... I did just that a few times. Consequentially, just about the only AK experience I've had was with clapped out captured ones. Sure I knew how to run one, but I was never really impressed by them, other than their simplicity. That is the genius of their design,

Well, I recently picked up a Galil, and those are pretty much just an improved, milled, 5.56 AK. (the ACE Gen 1) This one I like. No, not as much as my beloved AR, but it seems to be a damn fine weapon. First of all this Hebrew Hammer is bran-spanking-new. Been kitting it out, and I can hardly wait to get it to the range to test fire and zero it.

Top Bottom