• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BumpShadow

Master
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I curious if anyones tried to mount airsoft gear on a .22 before.:dunno: Can an airsoft level gear stand up to a .22? I'm looking into buying a taticool .22lr plinker and would rather not put a $600+ accessory on a $200 rifle. Thanx and have fun.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure there is someone out there who knows the specific scientific ratings behind the comparison. Although I've never shot airsoft, if its similar to an air rifle, I'd guess you'd be okay.

...Only one way to find out, right?

revsaxon

Master
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    About half of my GSG-522 is airsoft parts at this point (front rail/stock/trigger housings/"red-dot"/fire selector/charging handle/top rail). Thousands of rounds later and I havn't had any problems.

Make sure the parts that actually come into contact with the bullet/casing, and the trigger group are made for a 22 and you should be fine.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Airsoft stuff can stand up to the recoil, or lack there of, in a .22 caliber rifle without any problems. You must be looking at the Mossberg tactical Plinkster for that price.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Like revsaxon said, the GSG-522 and the earlier GSG-5 were developed from the Airsoft version. The original GSG-5 did suffer from some growing pains, like a couple of hidden screws in the bolt assembly coming loose until they were upgraded, and issues with the extractor, and a few other minor problems which were eventually worked out into a fine rifle.

Can be done if you are careful about it. Good luck, keep us posted.

Top Bottom