• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Ahmadinejad: World forces must a... JPost - Iranian Threat - News

For those who have said in the past that Ahmadinejad has never threaded Israel, well... It appears he has.

With statements like that and their push for nuclear weapons it's only a matter of time before Israel strikes Iran. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them one bit. However, such an act will infuriate arabs and plunge the region into war.

The middle east is about ready to explode, or so I believe.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure much of his trash talk is election year related.

If Israel doesn't start a means to an end this year - it will probably be another for years from now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought he had been pretty open about his hopes to remove Israel from world history. Remember we have people that deny that the Holocaust ever occurred. The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt have also expressed a desire to destroy Israel.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Who cares? Israel can take care of themselves. They have shown since their creation that they can defend themselves.
    But, we ignore their independence and push our agenda on them.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I thought he had been pretty open about his hopes to remove Israel from world history. Remember we have people that deny that the Holocaust ever occurred. The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt have also expressed a desire to destroy Israel.
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the argument that he's never directly threatened Israel and it's all a Zionist plot to start a war Iran doesn't want.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Who cares? Israel can take care of themselves. They have shown since their creation that they can defend themselves.
    Who cares? Probably our youth that will fight in the war. Probably the families that will get their sons and daughters home in a box with a flag draped over it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The more important question is: Why do we care? Political bluster comes from every corner of the globe, including right here at home. More importantly, what business is it of ours if Iran and Israel go to war?They are independent nation states, correct?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For those who have said in the past that Ahmadinejad has never threaded Israel,

You mean like in the last five minutes he's never threatened Israel?

wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the argument that he's never directly threatened Israel and it's all a Zionist plot to start a war Iran doesn't want.

Really? Here on INGO?:dunno:

If you woke Ahmadinejad up in his sleep, he would say "Death to Israel!"

Who cares? Israel can take care of themselves.

Who care? Ummm, maybe the entire world. The US has national interests in all of the Mideast. A war in the Mideast between Iran, among others, and Israel would disruptive and damaging to us.

Israel can take care of themselves, although they did not look too sharp a few years ago in Lebanon. Does the US really want them to?:dunno:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    He has a point, "They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the USA] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory,” he added.

Why was Mitt there?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I don't care. If we would quit tying Israel's hands everytime they are attacked and threatened and let them just take care of business we would not have to worry about Iran for decades.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The more important question is: Why do we care? Political bluster comes from every corner of the globe, including right here at home. More importantly, what business is it of ours if Iran and Israel go to war?They are independent nation states, correct?
    You mean besides the fact we're allies with Israel and if the middle east erupts into war we'll likely be sucked in?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't care. If we would quit tying Israel's hands everytime they are attacked and threatened and let them just take care of business we would not have to worry about Iran for decades.
    If we lived in utopia, sure. Unfortunately that's not reality. The reality is we're allies with Israel and if they find themselves in a war with the Arabs we'll likely get sucked into it.

Hell, we're talking about striking Iran ourselves if they don't quit with the nuclear program.

We're steaming full bore for another war, a much larger war, in the middle east.

You should care.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You mean like in the last five minutes he's never threatened Israel?

Really? Here on INGO?:dunno:

If you woke Ahmadinejad up in his sleep, he would say "Death to Israel!"

Who care? Ummm, maybe the entire world. The US has national interests in all of the Mideast. A war in the Mideast between Iran, among others, and Israel would disruptive and damaging to us.

Israel can take care of themselves, although they did not look too sharp a few years ago in Lebanon. Does the US really want them to?:dunno:

Israel will probably prevail in a conventional war against all its neighbors simultaneously, but any limited "unconventional" war where civilian casualties are part of the enemy's strategy will be difficult to successfully pursue and even more damaging politically. As we and the Russians know too well.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    He has a point, "They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the USA] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory,” he added.

Why was Mitt there?

Mitt was there because Israel has been a long-time ally of the US and the current Administration has $h1t on them for four years. Mitt wants to demonstrate that he won't do that to an ally. Don't forget, he's been to Europe to visit other allies that Obama has ignored or back-stabbed.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    uh... lets be real about why Mitt was there.

It was so Jews back home would vote for him.

Not some other high minded thing.

It was for the Jewish Vote.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Israel will probably prevail in a conventional war against all its neighbors simultaneously, but any limited "unconventional" war where civilian casualties are part of the enemy's strategy will be difficult to successfully pursue and even more damaging politically. As we and the Russians know too well.
    The amazing feat the Israelis pulled off during the 6 Day War isn't likely to be repeated. I'm sure Israels' enemies learned from that conflict plus weapons systems have advanced considerably since the 1960's. Israel is powerful, no doubt, but not invincible.

With modern weapons and if attacked from all sides, the civilian casualties in Israel would likely be staggering. The Arabs won't care about Israeli civilian casualties, they'll likely welcome them and even target civilians purposely.

Israel could fit into Florida several times over. It's only 9 miles wide in some areas with the max width being 71 miles. They have roughly 8,000 sq miles to work with.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    uh... lets be real about why Mitt was there.

It was so Jews back home would vote for him.

Not some other high minded thing.

It was for the Jewish Vote.
    Mitt would back Israel in a fight.

Hell, I would bet Obama would back Israel in a fight.

Keep in mind Presidents are puppets. They do the bidding of the power brokers behind the scenes. When push come to shove, Obama and Mitt would do their masters bidding -- at our expense.

Do you need evidence of this?

Why is Gitmo still open for business when Obama and the lefties cried bloody murder over it and and promised to shut it down? Because once in the White House Obama got "the speech" from those in power.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Mitt was there because Israel has been a long-time ally of the US and the current Administration has $h1t on them for four years. Mitt wants to demonstrate that he won't do that to an ally. Don't forget, he's been to Europe to visit other allies that Obama has ignored or back-stabbed.

The point he is campaigning in Israel, who will (hopefully) have nothing to do with the election. Instead of Ohio, you know, a battleground state he will likely lose.

Top Bottom