Aftermarket Glock Barrel's...Which do you prefer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddysmallbucks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    SE Marion Co
    I'm looking to trick out my Glock 22...I was talking to some folks who said something about changing out the factory barrel. Well I don't know where to begin...so I need your help. I want something i can perfect my 50yd shot but stay practical in the local McDonalds when Mr. Dirt bag decides to rob the joint. Any Ideas? Anything I need to STAY AWAY from? I'm looking for pro's and Con's of all possibilities. So all input is welcome. THX!

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    all are good. i personally like the KKM. i use it to shoot 9mm instead of spending so much on .40 all the time

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    There's nothing wrong with the factory barrel, unless you plan to shoot lead bullets. A self-defense firearm should be as close to stock as possible, IMHO. The only mods I like on a Glock are the factory extended slide stop and night sights. If you plan to shoot lead bullets, check out Storm Lake, Lone Wolf or KKM barrels. These are all aftermarket, and should require no fitting. (Drop-in installation)

If you want a match pistol, get a Glock 35, and ye shall live happily ever after. :)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've had a discussion with one of the guys who shoots USPSA matches and Friday Night Steel and is one of the better Glockers around recommended the Storm Lake barrels. He had a KKM and went to the Storm Lake.

Based on him either winning or being up at the top of the Production Class every time he shoots, I tend to listen to what Parke says :D

daddysmallbucks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    SE Marion Co
    i see

Well I dont think I have put any junk ammo thru it. It was used when I bought it, it's not new by any means. However it was a Department issue up until i bought it after receiving my new one. So I can't vouch for what was ran thru it before It was issued to me. :dunno:

Ok...well they make after-market's for a reason..so what are the advantages of them? Seems as if some of your are right? Nothing wrong with the factory barrel....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    There's nothing wrong with the factory barrel, unless you plan to shoot lead bullets.

Agreed. Nobody makes a better barrel for Glock, than Glock. That said, I have a Lone Wolf barrel for my G17, because Glock doesn't offer an extended and threaded option for suppressor mounting. :xmad:

INGO_hat.jpg

Last edited:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Check out Lonewolf barrels. You can get ANY type of barrel you want for them. Their conversion barrels are very popular. Get it in black and without the stupid little red riding hood wolfie logo.

Trick out your Glock? Ugh...

Top Bottom