• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm wanting to upgrade my EDC, and very recently bought this gun. I am wanting an IWB holster that is comfortable and has minimal imprinting. Probably appendix carry. I'm a bit short and curvy. I don't wear belts, except at a gun range. I'd also consider OWB, if something would safely work without a belt, as i usually wear longer, loose shirts that would cover it, especially in cooler weather.
    Thanks!

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    For appendix no belt, I highly recommend using a holster with an UltiClip attachment. The Ulticlip cinches down very securely on whatever pants you're wearing, jeans, sweats, leggings etc doesn't matter, the Ulticlip will securely attach the holster to the waistband. You can buy an UltiClip on its own and attach it to most any kydex holster with generic belt attachment slots drilled into it. Don't get the Ulticlip XL, just get the standard one that's designed to clip directly onto the waistband. The XL is designed for belts.

For the holster itself, there are many many great appendix holster makers. Personally I like Bradecholsters.com for a very budget friendly kydex option; IWB holsters with the appendix modwing are less than $30 shipped with returns/refunds within 30 days and lifetime warranty (still great quality too).

I can also personally recommend LAG tactical, Tier1 concealed, Dara holsters... all great holsters in my experience, but you'll pay a pretty penny for em compared to Bradec.

If you go with the Bradec holster, the standard Ulticlip will not attach to the bradec without also buying the UltiPlate on Ulticlip's website. Alternatively you could potentially email Bradec and see if they would drill the screw holes in place for an UltiClip instead of their standard belt attachment, which should be very easy for them if they're willing, so you wouldn't need the UltiPlate. Not sure if they'd do it though

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/phlster-enigma/

Above is a brand new option that was just released. Think of it as platform to attach a holster shell to. It has it's own belt.

[video=youtube_share;mykP5SWSjY8]http://youtu.be/mykP5SWSjY8[/video]

They are very popular and completely sold out as of this writing.

Looks nice. I use a product with a similar wraparound design for beltless carry, a 3speed holster, and it works well when carrying a subcompact like the P365 for jogging or exercising. I don't like it as much for all day carry even though that's what it was supposedly designed for. A little too finaggly with the velcro strap for me.

Since this doesn't use a velcro strap but rather a more traditional belt buckle type thing that looks more secure and less prone to wiggling around, I would be interested in trying one out.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/phlster-enigma/

Above is a brand new option that was just released. Think of it as platform to attach a holster shell to. It has it's own belt.

[video=youtube_share;mykP5SWSjY8]http://youtu.be/mykP5SWSjY8[/video]

A bit more hardware than what I'm wanting to wear. I don't think i'd like that leg leash.
    They are very popular and completely sold out as of this writing.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    For appendix no belt, I highly recommend using a holster with an UltiClip attachment. The Ulticlip cinches down very securely on whatever pants you're wearing, jeans, sweats, leggings etc doesn't matter, the Ulticlip will securely attach the holster to the waistband. You can buy an UltiClip on its own and attach it to most any kydex holster with generic belt attachment slots drilled into it. Don't get the Ulticlip XL, just get the standard one that's designed to clip directly onto the waistband. The XL is designed for belts.

For the holster itself, there are many many great appendix holster makers. Personally I like Bradecholsters.com for a very budget friendly kydex option; IWB holsters with the appendix modwing are less than $30 shipped with returns/refunds within 30 days and lifetime warranty (still great quality too).

I can also personally recommend LAG tactical, Tier1 concealed, Dara holsters... all great holsters in my experience, but you'll pay a pretty penny for em compared to Bradec.

If you go with the Bradec holster, the standard Ulticlip will not attach to the bradec without also buying the UltiPlate on Ulticlip's website. Alternatively you could potentially email Bradec and see if they would drill the screw holes in place for an UltiClip instead of their standard belt attachment, which should be very easy for them if they're willing, so you wouldn't need the UltiPlate. Not sure if they'd do it though

I DO NOT recommend the ulticlip. If you absolutely must carry without a belt and don’t want to get (or can’t get yet) the Phlster enigma posted above, you should be using DCC clips. The Discrete Cary Concepts clips work well on the waistband of your pants if you don’t have a belt, they even have ones with increased tension (although I can’t imagine the regular clip strength would be insufficient for anyone). The ulticlip can be pulled off clothes, the DCC clips are more likely to tear your waist line of your pants before they come off on their own.
    they make tuckahoe clips that fit most holsters and then a new monoblock that is not tuckahoe and replaces the fomi style clips that some holster makers try to get away with.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I DO NOT recommend the ulticlip. If you absolutely must carry without a belt and don’t want to get (or can’t get yet) the Phlster enigma posted above, you should be using DCC clips. The Discrete Cary Concepts clips work well on the waistband of your pants if you don’t have a belt, they even have ones with increased tension (although I can’t imagine the regular clip strength would be insufficient for anyone). The ulticlip can be pulled off clothes, the DCC clips are more likely to tear your waist line of your pants before they come off on their own.
    they make tuckahoe clips that fit most holsters and then a new monoblock that is not tuckahoe and replaces the fomi style clips that some holster makers try to get away with.

Personally in an uncountable # of draws I've not had the holster come off a single time with my 2 holsters that have UltiClip 1.0's. :dunno:but if you've seen that happen with UltiClips, I wouldn't recommend them. I'll keep using mine though, they work great

Dakota

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Hagerstown
    I'm wanting to upgrade my EDC, and very recently bought this gun. I am wanting an IWB holster that is comfortable and has minimal imprinting. Probably appendix carry. I'm a bit short and curvy. I don't wear belts, except at a gun range. I'd also consider OWB, if something would safely work without a belt, as i usually wear longer, loose shirts that would cover it, especially in cooler weather.
    Thanks!
    I recently bought a Concealment Express holster for a Springfield Hellcat and thought it was pretty well made. Don't know if they have one for your gun but you might try them.

Top Bottom