• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Texas doesn't look as good as I thought it was. Gov.Perry is big on getting gun manufacturers there, lets see him stand up for this guy's 2A rights.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    And now we have the real reason, "Grisham was arrested March 16, five days after he urged the Temple City Council to declare that citizen rights to keep and bear arms will not be infringed upon."

Don't make a politician, even a local one, look bad. They will get even. Remember the Chief of Police owes their job to the politicians.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Search fuction?

And I think this willl be difficult for this guy to win. I've looked at a number of Texas boards, and the consensus, well prior to this incident, is not to do what this guy did. I think he technically, at least how Texas law is written, should have been charges with Disorderly Conduct.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Todd Starnes at Fox News:

As the officers put Grisham in the back of the car, the video picked up sounds of [Grisham's son] Chris crying.

The officers told Grisham they would take the boy home.

“I told him not to answer any questions,” Grisham said. “I told him not to answer a single question until his mother was there — and she would answer the questions for him.”

But that’s not what happened.

Chris told Fox News that the police officer refused to let him out of the car until he answered a series of questions. The boy had not been arrested.

“The officer told me that I wasn’t getting out of the patrol car until I answered his questions,” Chris said. “He said I didn’t have a choice. I was scared.”

Grisham said his boy was traumatized by the incident.

“Every time he sees a police officer he has a panic attack,” he said. “That’s unfortunate because we always taught our kids to respect police officers. My wife and I are angry about it.”
    source^

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And also... when police in Temple, Tx disarm anyone they've stopped...is it always customary to sweep the individual's head with their own loaded firearm (which may or may not be familiar in function to the officer)?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    And also... when police in Temple, Tx disarm anyone they've stopped...is it always customary to sweep the individual's head with their own loaded firearm (which may or may not be familiar in function to the officer)?
    I noticed that too. Came pretty close to sweeping his partner too.

Smooth move Officer Farva.:rolleyes:

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    Search fuction?

And I think this willl be difficult for this guy to win. I've looked at a number of Texas boards, and the consensus, well prior to this incident, is not to do what this guy did. I think he technically, at least how Texas law is written, should have been charges with Disorderly Conduct.

Disorderly conduct would require that the individual:

8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
    -TX Penal Code 42.01(8)

And is a Class C Misdemeanor. They haven't charged him with that yet, they started with resisting arrest and changed it to a local ordinance against giving LEOs a hard time.

[URL="http://www.tdtnews.com/index/news/show/98824?title=Source"][/URL]

Unfortunately it's behind a pay wall, but the first bit is readable without paying.

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    Search fuction?

8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
    -TX Penal Code 42.01(8)

And is a Class C Misdemeanor. They haven't charged him with that yet, they started with resisting arrest and changed it to a local ordinance against giving LEOs a hard time.

Charge reduced against man hiking with gun in Temple TDT News - Temple Daily Telegram

Unfortunately it's behind a pay wall, but the first bit is readable without paying.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Should of kept his mouth shut swallowed his pride and answered yes sir no sir like we all were taught back in boot camp. I'm sure things would of been different. I know it has gotten me out of a ticket or two. Active duty with a bronze star should be acting more professional. We were always told we were on duty 24/7 even at home your conduct and attitude that people see is what they think the Marine Corps is.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Should of kept his mouth shut swallowed his pride and answered yes sir no sir like we all were taught back in boot camp. I'm sure things would of been different. I know it has gotten me out of a ticket or two. Active duty with a bronze star should be acting more professional. We were always told we were on duty 24/7 even at home your conduct and attitude that people see is what they think the Marine Corps is.

Out of uniform I don't call anyone Sir unless they deserve it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So our soldier has been reduced to begging for money to pay his legal fund. That is pathetic considering his childish behavior. Whether you agree on how the LEO's handled the interaction or not is beside the point. This clown acted like a little sissy school girl. As a direct result of how he acted he caught a criminal charge. And he should have IMO. He clearly resisted anything and everything the officer did and said making a simple inquiry into a criminal incident. His own video shown in any court proceeding will be his undoing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

-TX Penal Code 42.01(8)

I post the relevant text of the code, in another thread, and it honestly the code is confusing, because it also allows one to be charged with disorderly, if the person is on public property or near private residences.

But nevermind that, a person with a firearm in, or very close to, the "at ready" position will undoubtedly garner a bunch of attention, just as if you were walking down the street with your handgun in your hand. And, of course, neither is illegal. If law enforcement is dispatched to one of these calls, they are going to have to determine if the person is intending to panic the public. Obviously this requires contact, and obviously this will require that a person is temporarily disarmed.

Now, before people start having a coronary, this should never be the case for a holstered or slung weapon. I think a big part of investigating further is how the weapon is displayed. A guy balancing a gun on his head is going to be stopped and disarmed, while the holstered guy wouldn't get a second look. This soldier had a single point sling, in which one has to keep a hand on the weapon to prevent it from flopping around. Hand on gun = no bueno. If say, he had a 2 point, where he could have secured it to his chest and kept his hands free, and arms swinging at his sides, he possibly would have been less likely to alarm the public; but honestly, I wouldnt bet on that either.

In any case, Texas needs to clarify it's laws.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    :puke:
    Fixed it for ya. Most reather stick up for what they belive than be a coward, which is what one is when they dont stand up for themselves. I see noth7ng wrong here besides a man sticking up for his rights.

beachhead40

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    North Of Indy
    The soldier did nothing wrong besides embarrass a officer. I call it God Complex, or THE law complex. I just heard this on the radio this guy needs to calm his actions his story is out and just wait it through with a good lawyer

scottyd2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    The soldier did nothing wrong besides embarrass a officer. I call it God Complex, or THE law complex. I just heard this on the radio this guy needs to calm his actions his story is out and just wait it through with a good lawyer

I agree, the man was in his right. Police are not the only people who can carry and protect themselves. Although as we see here, some of them think so. The man was outraged, and some here think he conduct is wrong.
    I think he has every right to be pissed.
    We all know damn good and well those are liberal democrat cops who think they should be the only people on earth who have the right to carry a gun.

Personally I would have just polity answered the cops questions and let them search me plus give me a hard time.
    Laws are written plain as day, but the police can bend many laws, lie and make up false charges that will cost you time, money, embarrassment and maybe a criminal charge. Unless you are a millionaire or a powerful lawyer, your going to get f****d vs the police, even if the are legally wrong and you are right.

I hope he gets his just due and more liberal police learn their lessons.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom