• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you're interested in the class for yourself or someone else, please contact one of us as soon as possible. You will need to submit a completed registration form (I'll send it via email) and check in order to guarantee your spot in the class and your training materials.

-----------------------------------------

What: NRA First Steps Pistol – a class teaching safe handling of handguns

Where: Gander Mountain – Terre Haute, Indiana.

When: Saturday – 31 January 2009 – 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Cost: $30

Details:

On 31 January 2009, Adaptive Consulting and Training will host an NRA First Steps Pistol class at Gander Mountain in Terre Haute. First Steps Pistol is an introduction to the safe handling of a pistol or revolver. The course includes a classroom session, followed by a brief introduction to range exercises utilizing training pistols and air pistols. The class requires approximately four (4) hours, with additional time as needed to answer questions. The classroom portion will be held in the Lodge with firing exercises in the archery range – all indoors!

This is an excellent opportunity for families to learn about firearms safety together!

All materials needed for the course are included. Students may bring their own handguns (unloaded and in a case) in order to learn more about their particular pistol, but do not bring any ammunition. There will be a variety of examples of handguns for examination during the class. By NRA mandate, NO LIVE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM.

ACT requires contact information for each student. A certificate of completion will be issued to all successful participants. All students will receive an NRA basic pistol shooting manual and other materials.

Preregistration is encouraged so we can have enough training materials for everyone. The cost is $30.00 per student, payable in advance, for the entire course including range exercises. Make checks payable to: Adaptive Consulting & Training.

The lead instructor is John V Viray, assisted by other ACT staff members.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If anyone is interested, the date of the class (31JAN09) is approaching. You can register and pay at the class, but preregistration will help us make sure we have enough training materials for everyone.

We hope to hear from more of you! If you want to bring a family member or friend to the class, there should be some other INGO people doing likewise so you can hang out with them while the class is in session.

joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com
    john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    very likely. we were asked by the local gander mountain to put on this class. if there is interest, there will be others.

From what I understand this class would be more appropriate for people just getting used to handguns. I'd be interested in a course that was geared more towards an intermediate knowledge (not an expert, but knows more than a beginner) - as well as (or in addition to) an emphasis towards concealed carry.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the NRA Basic Pistol course goes a bit further but is still quite basic. you may be interested in our Defensive Pistol 101 class. there is one coming up in march. see the post here in this forum or check our website.

From what I understand this class would be more appropriate for people just getting used to handguns. I'd be interested in a course that was geared more towards an intermediate knowledge (not an expert, but knows more than a beginner) - as well as (or in addition to) an emphasis towards concealed carry.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    what are your recommendations for someone taking this class? I mean Ive been around handguns for probably 15 years, and personally owned one for 10. Would this class be any benefit to me?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    this class is intended for the pistol, or any gun for that matter, novice. the emphasis is on safety. this course works well for families as well. the experienced shooter may not find this class of much benefit other than the refresher of the basics. would this class have any direct benefit to you other than the refresher on the safety? probably not. a 15 year handgun veteran would be better served by private instruction or one of the first tier, or 100 level, classes offered by our company and many others.

what are your recommendations for someone taking this class? I mean Ive been around handguns for probably 15 years, and personally owned one for 10. Would this class be any benefit to me?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Thanks for the info. Im trying to convince the wifey to go. I think she would have a lot of benefit from it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the info. Im trying to convince the wifey to go. I think she would have a lot of benefit from it.

She would not be the only female there. Maybe that will make it a little more fun for her? She can be assured, there are bound to be people there who know less than she does, so no worries about that either. :):

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    This would be perfect for my wife. The timing is off, but if there are plans for others (Greenwood Gander Mtn hint hint), then I can work to get her there. She's said she'd take a course, but I have to do all the leg work for it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I'll bail on the class and just hang out with the people who are there so their family members can take the class. :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Looking forward to meeting INGO members this Saturday. If you are going, drop your name here so we know who to look out for.

Count me in for 2.

Ill see you there at some point! Not taking the class. I tried to get the wifey to go, but she had no interest. Really need to take her shooting to see if I can peak her curiosity.

Top Bottom