• ...and so much more!
  • Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Short ACR Range Repot
    I purchased my ACR (Basic) last week and was able to take it out to Roush Lake today to get it sighted in.

1. “Feel”, I was a bit apprehensive at getting one, I had been saving for something “nicer” (read higher end AR) but at the price (less than 2k), the high end AR and the ACR we not that far from each other.
    The gun itself really made me feel good about it once I had it home and broken down, very high quality, very high build quality it’s really great to take it all apart with 4 pins and a twist of the barrel nut.

2. “Accuracy” was slightly better than most of my AR’s and matched to my target built AR’s (as I expected) @50yds w/EOTECH 512 I was touching holes all afternoon. Next week I’ll move out to 100yds and beyond. I want to add here, the gun felt very “point and shoot” more so than any AR that I have ever shot, maybe due to the nose weight, but overall very comfortable feeling

3. “Shooting Feel”, (Benched and Bagged, Brown Bear 62grn laq case, 1/9 barrel :rolleyes:) Surprisingly here, it was only slightly worse than my other AR’s keeping on target. I attribute this to it being a bit more nose heavy than an AR and no long buffer spring to take the shock up slower. (Fired 350rds, one FTL ((bolt went into chamber, did not lock)) I have no thoughts on this, it grabbed the round fine just didn’t run forward with enough momentum.

4. “Cleaning” Very clean, same as my other piston guns, nothing to note here

5. “Other Thoughts” Uses and AR barrel, plastic composite on gun is very strong. The “upper” is the actual serialized part of the gun, not the lower. Felt really good on my frame (6’2” 260lbs)

DSCN0840.JPG

DSCN0841.JPG

DSCN0842.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom