• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Ths is the last thing I will say then I'm done. Yes, the rifle did fail when I FIRST bought it. I noticed one of the gas rings were bent after one 30 round mag. I thought maybe it was my fault because I didn't oil it out of the box. I ordered new gas rings and while I was waiting on them to arrive I did start modifying the rifle. The reason I started doing it is because everyone I talked to was not interested in working on it or was so busy they just didn't have time. I was told by someone here in Columbus ( that works on AR's supposedly) that I could do it myself. I didn't want to work on it but all I heard was how easy it was so I did. Yes, I'm sure the gas block was off center, I don't doubt that. The only thing I'm saying is when I spoke with the person on the phone about it I told them to fix that but also not to stop there. I may be an idiot, but I knew that there was something else wrong because the rifle failed the first day I shot it( before I made the mods). When I called back after I picked up the rifle, the person I spoke with said and I quote " we'll, I don't know what you did to it." I shot it, that's what I did. I was more than happy to pay whatever it took to fix the rifle. I just wanted it fixed. I finally found someone to put it back to its original state and called High Standard to tell them what I did. I also told them that I don't care what it cost to fix it just as long as it was fixed. I already shipped it and don't want anything else to come of this. I am not trying to bash ACME. I'm sure that I'm one of the very few people that had a bad experience there. I'm also just the kind of person that when I don't get a good vibe from somewhere I don't go back. As for a " cheap gun". I didn't think High Standard was cheap but maybe I wrong there too.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    Thank you for clarifying. I did not mean to insinuate anything by my post. It is just that the 100 round value packs seem to be a popular staple at WalMart ammo counters. It is not uncommon to see for sale by WalMart stickers on the boxes. I did not mean to suggest that I have seen either on your shelves.

I have seen boxes such as this at local gun shows.

Edit: In regards to my stopping by....I will have to take a pass on that right now. I have a bad habit of buying things when I "stop by". My wife saw the credit card statement a couple of days ago and ACME was sort of on that list. I got in big trouble, took my licks, totally worth it.

Haha! Tell your wife I'm sorry! (It was worth it though, right?!?)

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    Ths is the last thing I will say then I'm done. Yes, the rifle did fail when I FIRST bought it. I noticed one of the gas rings were bent after one 30 round mag. I thought maybe it was my fault because I didn't oil it out of the box. I ordered new gas rings and while I was waiting on them to arrive I did start modifying the rifle. The reason I started doing it is because everyone I talked to was not interested in working on it or was so busy they just didn't have time. I was told by someone here in Columbus ( that works on AR's supposedly) that I could do it myself. I didn't want to work on it but all I heard was how easy it was so I did. Yes, I'm sure the gas block was off center, I don't doubt that. The only thing I'm saying is when I spoke with the person on the phone about it I told them to fix that but also not to stop there. I may be an idiot, but I knew that there was something else wrong because the rifle failed the first day I shot it( before I made the mods). When I called back after I picked up the rifle, the person I spoke with said and I quote " we'll, I don't know what you did to it." I shot it, that's what I did. I was more than happy to pay whatever it took to fix the rifle. I just wanted it fixed. I finally found someone to put it back to its original state and called High Standard to tell them what I did. I also told them that I don't care what it cost to fix it just as long as it was fixed. I already shipped it and don't want anything else to come of this. I am not trying to bash ACME. I'm sure that I'm one of the very few people that had a bad experience there. I'm also just the kind of person that when I don't get a good vibe from somewhere I don't go back. As for a " cheap gun". I didn't think High Standard was cheap but maybe I wrong there too.

Fair enough and thank your for responding.

Here is what I wish this could have played out: You bought the gun, took it out, shot it, it didn't work, and you called me. This is how it would have went from there. "Sir, I am sorry you are having a problem with the rifle. Please bring it in and I will call High Standard and get an RA number and send it back for you on your behalf and I will cover the shipping and this will be done with no cost to you." It has been the standard practice of some businesses to say that "Warranties are between you and the manufacturer." I will GUARANTEE that you will never see Acme follow such a policy.

I swear, on my life, that the above is exactly how it would have been handled. If Curtis owes you an apology for how he treated you on the phone, if you stop by you will definitely get one.

Also, I really am upset that you paid the $20 and then the gun was not permanently fixed. I really want you to have that money back. I can either give you the cash or some ammo or something, but I really, really want to make it up to you. It is not the sum of the money that is the issue, it is the principle behind this whole mess that I would like to make that right.

I quit a career I went to college for to manage Acme Sports, and I take the job very seriously and I take a lot of pride in what I do for a living. Therefore, I want every customer to leave Acme happy. Will we always have the best prices? Maybe, but probably not on every item. Will one of us maybe be having a bad day when you stop in or make a comment in a phone conversation that could potentially be taken the wrong way? I am sure that is a possibility. Hell, my wife is two days past due with our first child and I'm sure I have been a little short with a customer or two lately cause I am stressed to the max! However, in the end, I know enough to know that in smalltown IN your business is built on repeat business and that is why I have tried to go to these lengths to make this right, and damn near flew off the handle when it was mentioned we are going to Wal-Mart to stock our shelves.

At any rate, if there is something I can do feel free to let me know. If you want to talk to me directly, PM me and I will shoot you my cell number.

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    That's acme. Clint and Curt's customer service is why my credit cards are melting from use.. The ammo situation is funny to me. I don't see a markup on any of their product like many other LGS during recent panic.. Picked up more glock 19 mags a month ago for $27, recently had paid online $30/35 for my glock 21. But had to have them at the time, in case of ban.

I was at shop few weeks ago when older couple came in and price checked pistol took 10+ minutes of Clint's time, repeatedly pointing the pistol at everyone behind the counter. Then left without buying, I was surprised, he elaborated they had done so a couple of times. He knew probably weren't going to be buying it that time either but I wouldn't not have guessed so in the way he treated them. Keep in mind this was roughly $300 pistol.

And no not affiliated with them besides the fact they still have 4 of my toys awaiting ATF approval. Just an independent voice that appreciates good customer service.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    did not reliaze that growes was still in bussiness:) he has modified several of my firearms and will return to him again:rockwoot:, Acme not so much, no bashing just my :twocents:, I'll spend my cheap money else where

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I have had nothing but good experiences with acme, especially Clint nothin against the other guys just haven't dealt with them.

Prices on any thing I have been interested in have always been at or below other retailers costs.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Walmart sells 550 count federal and remington .22 lr no one else to my knowledge has those counts they are 525 or 500 I could be wrong.They had 50 count boxes of .22lr that are normally 2.99 for 8.99. those were the ones that I was looking at and thought were out of line. The bulk backs where not triple they wanted $45 for those still way more than I would to spend.

Wrong. I have seen those prior to the CT shooting at Gander Mountain, and local gun stores....as well as at gun shows.

I also seem to recall Dick's selling them at one time too.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Well, the boys at Acme sure as hell don't need me coming to their defense. But I'll relate something that happened to me. Two Christmas' back I bought an H&R Handi Rifle in .357 for my grandpup. They only had an adult gun left that close to Christmas. Joe said he could order me a youth stock and he did. 3 months later I did not have the stock and one afternoon in a fit of complete "*******-ness" I called and blew up on him. He stayed very courteous and apologized all over himself, but he just could not get one in, the factory was way backed up and just were not getting them out. After hanging up and knowing I had just made a complete ass of myself, I called back and apologized to Joe. He was very gracious and kind.
    Two of those old guys down there I have known for 40+ years, another old guy for 30+ and Clint since before he had perfected his jump shot in grade school. They are all good people.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have spent enough money in Acme that, if my wife ever discovered just how much, would cost me my other arm and leg for compensation! :D I go in there a lot, love to just kind of hang out, and have absolutley nothing but great respect for them. Yeah, Steve can be a grouch (he's sort of "old school") sometimes, but once you get to know him, he's a helluva guy and would do anything for you! Joe and Clint are some of the best guys I know and I trust them beyond question. We're all human and can sometimes not be on the same page as others some days, but I know that if I ever had a problem with a product or service from Acme, it would be made right. Period!

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    all i know is i`ll continue to buy from them as i have had nothing but good deals there. and i just found out clint just became a daddy for the first time so guys give him a slack..
    congrats clint.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I've been watching the paper for some news about the baby but found none. The circle of life, ain't it great !

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Yet another thumbs up for Acme.

I've purchased 4 handguns/rifles from them in the past year - I have another on order.

I've purchased all my iron from them and most of my ammo too.

They are good, honest, truthful folks and they will continue to get my money and my blessings on their business.

Good on ya, Acme boy'z - stay the course.!!!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I bought my first pistol from them two months ago.

Then I put down a deposit on a G20 a couple weeks ago.

I'm impressed that they manage to serve customers as well as they do when there are ALWAYS a good number of folks in there, it seems. No one gets ignored.

I don't know them, and they don't know me, but I will be coming to them in the future, should I happen to need, well, almost anything.

jmo

chilly2477

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    I have bought a few firearms, ammo, and some accessories from them. Clint was always very good to deal with, courteous and if he did'nt have an answer for me he was quick to look it up. However I was in there today and Clint was'nt in, I talked with the older gentleman in there I believe he is the owner but not sure. He seemed like I was just annoying the crap outta him, as I asked him some questions about holsters. Not very keen on the merchandise either. From now on I may just take my business to Bite the Bullet. That guy was very nice and helpful, dont mind driving a few more miles for better service.

Top Bottom