Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    PM your email and I'll send you a larger version that will print better.

Once again, great photos. Thanks so much. Saving some of them now, so I can show others. Looks like some of my firearms got around more then I had though, haha.

ah i told ya i did forget some stuff.
    we have 2 lbs of frozen bacon as it did not get cooked and ended at the bottom of the meat cooler.
    mr obnoxiuos brought it i think???

@nipprdog i LOVED the cherry pie nothing wrong with it and thus why my drool face :drool:
    it was/is a good pie. the apple people ate it up too. i think you mistook my :drool: for a puke face :puke:

repeater thank you for letting me shoot that hungary ak. :wow: the trigger is nice on that rifle. now i see what a better quality rifle feels like. my wasr bites a little when you pull the trigger and i figure that is how all aks were. :wow:

Glad you enjoyed the AK. You aren't kidding about it being hungry. I used to get rounds (when they were available) for that and my ARs in the 1000 rounds when I did, just cause they ate so much. Trigger is pretty sweet on it. When looking for one of your own, just remember to look at certain countries. Some make way better then others (same with the Mosin). Mine is a Hungarian AK.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can the trigger on a WASR be changed/converted/fixed to make it feel like that one?
    Like I told you when I picked it up the stock/pistol grip on it is too fat for me. That was what I did not like about it.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    :dunno: It wasn't me talking to you about gloves yesterday. BUT! Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a good pair of shooting gloves. I would probably need a medium in those, and of course Amazon doesn't have them (at least in the link you provided). The larges are only $16.21, and for me ship prime. I'd pay $16 for a pair of good gloves any day!

Oh, my bad, you're right!
    It was uzibutton's friend who asked about my gloves. :laugh:

:facepalm:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Can the trigger on a WASR be changed/converted/fixed to make it feel like that one?
    Like I told you when I picked it up the stock/pistol grip on it is too fat for me. That was what I did not like about it.

I am sure you can do a trigger change on them, but off hand, I do not know any good companies for the AK triggers. Course, you can always get another AK, or stock for the AK and change it out too. Just like the ARs now, they have tons of stocks out for the AK. And not all of them have the stocks like that one does either.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    @nipprdog i LOVED the cherry pie nothing wrong with it and thus why my drool face :drool:
    it was/is a good pie. the apple people ate it up too. i think you mistook my :drool: for a puke face

Makes sense now. ;) I tried the carmel apple and thought it was good.

repeater thank you for letting me shoot that hungary ak. :wow: the trigger is nice on that rifle. now i see what a better quality rifle feels like. my wasr bites a little when you pull the trigger and i figure that is how all aks were. :wow:

I also shot that AK for the first time. Loved the stock and the trigger. :D

Hoosier Buddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    NWI
    1st timer here. My sons and I came out yesterday and had a really enjoyable day. The Winimac range is very impressive and a nicer group of people could not be found.

jedi - Thanks for the hospitality and for putting on such a great event.
    Raitekk - Thanks for sharing your M&P 9 with us. You are a hell of a shot.
    repeter1977 - Thanks for giving my son advice on handling the shotgun and for the great conversation.
    t_star - The cupcakes were fantastic. I apologize for not asking if you wanted to shoot the AR15 when you came over to the 50 yd range.
    nipprdog - I'm not sure if we met but wanted to let you know that the apple pie was quite tasty.
    To all the others whose names I didn't get - It was a pleasure meeting all of you and we look forward to coming out for the May event.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    1st timer here. My sons and I came out yesterday and had a really enjoyable day. The Winimac range is very impressive and a nicer group of people could not be found.

repeter1977 - Thanks for giving my son advice on handling the shotgun and for the great conversation.
    t_star - The cupcakes were fantastic. I apologize for not asking if you wanted to shoot the AR15 when you came over to the 50 yd range.
    nipprdog - I'm not sure if we met but wanted to let you know that the apple pie was quite tasty.
    To all the others whose names I didn't get - It was a pleasure meeting all of you and we look forward to coming out for the May event.

Nice! You joined! Great to have you on INGO:ingo:

Here is a link to where we all talk.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/281411-nwi_ingo_general_post_part_5_a.html
    Here is a link for the May Meet and Shoot
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_4_sun_19_may_2013_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Welcome to INGO, and glad you were at the meet and shoot. Not a problem with the advice on the stance. I try not to correct too much, as there are not many right or wrong ways to shoot, but thought it might help with the recoil. Hope to see you again at the next one. I know we were talking about your sons shooting some of the other weapons that I had as well.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    First Meet and here are my comments.

1. Great organizing here. Good job Jedi for pulling this together.
    2. No strangers here, just folks I have not met.
    3. Enough hardware to open a gun shop. The selection was way above incredible.
    4. The food, oh my goodness. Like I said, if you can't shoot straight, at least you won't go home hungry.
    5. Bringing the youngest shooter Saturday taught me a few things. I had not introduced James Jr. to a handgun yet.When I saw him on the firing line with a .357 mag. I thought oh no.Can he handle that? Much to my surprise, he was doing pretty good. He did have a few problems with control on a semi autos. The compassion shown by you guys was above and beyond. You stayed with him and diagnosed what to do to help him. I am grateful for all those involved. He has a few new heroes now and you should hear him telling his mother.
    6. Thanks to Jedi for working with the FNAR. Never thought ammo would be an issue with that rifle, but now we know. That will get fixed in short order.

All in all this was a wonderful event and now that I understand how it all works, maybe I can bring a few other items when we attend in May. Looking forward to the next chance at learning who everyone is.

Thanks Everybody

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Glad you enjoyed it wolfeden. May is our next one on a sunday. In june this year we have a special event with winamac dnr in which it will be youth day. please see the flyer for the june event and call the number to reserve a slot for you and your son. its free but dnr wants to know how many children will be attending. we will be in teaching mode with stations for the kids to shoot clays, rifles, bow and arrow and handgun simulator. we wont have an offical meet & shoot since our morning will be taken up by the youth event (the range is closed to the public in the am for this event) but suspect many of us will stay for the afternoon when we are done with range day.

in julybwe will have our biggest one with about 70 members including members from southern indiana.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana

4. The food, oh my goodness. Like I said, if you can't shoot straight, at least you won't go home hungry.
    5. Bringing the youngest shooter Saturday taught me a few things. I had not introduced James Jr. to a handgun yet.When I saw him on the firing line with a .357 mag. I thought oh no.Can he handle that? Much to my surprise, he was doing pretty good. He did have a few problems with control on a semi autos. The compassion shown by you guys was above and beyond. You stayed with him and diagnosed what to do to help him. I am grateful for all those involved. He has a few new heroes now and you should hear him telling his mother.
    6. Thanks to Jedi for working with the FNAR. Never thought ammo would be an issue with that rifle, but now we know. That will get fixed in short order.

All in all this was a wonderful event and now that I understand how it all works, maybe I can bring a few other items when we attend in June. Looking forward to the next chance at learning who everyone is.

Thanks Everybody

It was nice meeting you, and glad to have you!
    You and your son can try out my M&P 9 next time if you want! More than happy to share:ingo:

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I had a very good time. Big thanks to Repeter and dad for the time spent on the 1903 and Garand. I sometimes start to get in a shooting rut, and stuff like this makes it fun again. Also, my Glock is starting to grow PINK fur on the grip. Not sure why???

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I had a very good time. Big thanks to Repeter and dad for the time spent on the 1903 and Garand. I sometimes start to get in a shooting rut, and stuff like this makes it fun again. Also, my Glock is starting to grow PINK fur on the grip. Not sure why???

sssssoooooooo not kool!!!!
    my poor hand. :p

btw i did have a coffee can full of plugs for you but before i could tell you that they were by the cooking stuff after telling you no, klb came in and gave you some. ssssiiiiggghhh

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    sssssoooooooo not kool!!!!
    my poor hand. :p

btw i did have a coffee can full of plugs for you but before i could tell you that they were by the cooking stuff after telling you no, klb came in and gave you some. ssssiiiiggghhh

Too sssssllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Glad you enjoyed it wolfeden. May is our next one on a sunday. In june this year we have a special event with winamac dnr in which it will be youth day. please see the flyer for the june event and call the number to reserve a slot for you and your son. its free but dnr wants to know how many children will be attending. we will be in teaching mode with stations for the kids to shoot clays, rifles, bow and arrow and handgun simulator. we wont have an offical meet & shoot since our morning will be taken up by the youth event (the range is closed to the public in the am for this event) but suspect many of us will stay for the afternoon when we are done with range day.

in julybwe will have our biggest one with about 70 members including members from southern indiana.

I have been posting up the flyers at the Big R and Rural king stores that I have visited over the last couple of weeks. They all seem to be glad to post them. The lady at the BigR store in Rochester today grabbed the flyer out of my hand and pasted it to the board before I had left the store.:)

There are a lot of vets and 2a supporters where I work. Some have even approached me for a flyer. As always, I tell them about INGO and to take a look for themselves.

Looking forward to the Youth Day.:D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

All in all this was a wonderful event and now that I understand how it all works, maybe I can bring a few other items when we attend in May. Looking forward to the next chance at learning who everyone is.

Thanks Everybody

Glad to hear that you had a great time. There is already the thread started for the next one. If you keep up on it, we should be posting what most will bring. Also, if you are looking to try something in particular, feel free to ask. I know that most of us do not bring everything, but if we know someone wants to shoot something, we will bring it out. Also on the thread, if you want to bring food, equipment, or suggest something, like we are doing here. I know in the cooler months, we try to have warmer drinks and in the hot months, we try too have a lot of water and fruits now because of suggestions. Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing you at the next one. Not sure if I had gotten the chance to meet you or not, but hope to make sure about it next time.

Not a problem at all. I know I have more then a couple firearms myself, but I start getting into a rut every now and then, so I try to see something new or different to try out. A lot cheaper to try them then buy them. Granted, sometimes I end up getting a couple cause of trying new ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom