• ...and so much more!
  • Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    Got a pic?

Excuse the alky in the background. Haven't put it back since we had a get together this past weekend.

The front is a tad higher. But nothing grotesk, IMO.

IMAG1786.jpg

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I took my new setup to the range last evening. After fiddling with my old mans rifle for what seemed like 90 minutes to get his sighted in, I had the chance to sight in my Eotech.

With about 5 minutes left of range time left in the evening - seems it's getting darker pretty fast here lately - I wanted to try the new front sight I put on. At 25 yards (with the front post screwed all the way down) I had to put what I was aiming at on paper about half way down the front post to hit dead center. Mvician hit the nail on the head with the front sight being on a high plane as the rear sight.

At 50 yards it was a different story. I have no idea where my 3 shots ended up. They were hitting the backstop but not the paper. If I had more daylight, I probably could have figured it out where on the sight post it needed it to be.

In short, as a backup it's just ok for 25 yards and in. At 50 yards, I can not give a true assessment due do not having enough time to adjust on where I needed to aim to put rounds on paper. Is this the best way for iron sights? Absolutely not. Would it work in a pinch if my Eotech takes a a :poop: during a SHTF scenario? It could, for short term and short distance use.

Top Bottom