• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well it finally happened where I had a man ask me why do I sell knives?
    I simply said I like knives and to make money. Now mind you this was another Vendor that I ahve seen a few times even in the Ohio shows. I told him he could say whatever he wanted to me. He said it is not normal for a woman to sell knives much less be into them.
    I really did have to refrain from my first thought of outburst. I just simply said . Yes I agree that it may not be normal to you but to me I am perfectly normal. :D :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I would have told him you're working for the BATFE and that you are really a man and that you were undercover.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    With the amount of knowledge you have, I would guess you've been doing it for awhile. This was the first time? I think it's great to see a woman who knows what's what in the knife world!

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    People have asked my wife how she ever made the decision to be a doc, she tells them her feet hurt too much when she worked the corners, so she switched careers.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I get the same reaction from guys a lot of times over my guns...my stock answer is evolving to be something basically along the lines of I like them and I am responsible for protecting myself and my son...and I will use any means necessary to accomplish that goal. But I like knifes too, lol...my anniversary (requested this) present a few years ago was my Gerber pocket knife

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You should have said they wouldn't let you set up a tupperware booth at the 1500 so you chose knives instead.

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    The overall vibe @ the 1500 wasn't that great. The Lafayette show was 100x more friendly and fun.

Except for those creepy guys that called out to me from that one booth. Vibe from them was creepy, even if the exact words weren't. I won't say who they were, but those @#$*( aren't ever getting one red cent from me.

Can you tell I didn't let that go? Here's me, not letting it go. Guys were right wankers.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Except for those creepy guys that called out to me from that one booth. Vibe from them was creepy, even if the exact words weren't. I won't say who they were, but those @#$*( aren't ever getting one red cent from me.

Can you tell I didn't let that go? Here's me, not letting it go. Guys were right wankers.

Yeah, those guys can go straight to you-know-where. Idiots.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I see lots of women help sell ammo and firearms. I dont see that I am any different. I like knives and I will continue to sell them and collect them for myself as well as firearms. I think he was surprised that I had my own table even though I am set up with Bradknives ( Brad). I got my name Knife Lady from many men and boys who were repeat customers calling me that. I am proud to sell knives and one single minded man will not change that. Maybe I can sell him a knife the next time I see him:D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Don't dwell on it to much. Maybe he was just trying to chat you up and couldn't come up with anything more clever. You do a good job, know your stuff and have a nice display. I don't see how those ppl that have tables that look as if they just dumped their stuff out of big plastic tubs onto the table ever sell anything.

Top Bottom