• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Over the years I have been lucky enough to own a few "decent" 1911s luckier still to shoot some "very decent" examples, all guns that are more capable than the guy pulling the bang switch. I still rely on a well built 1911 as my normal carry. I tend not to change what I carry, so It is rare that I would consider changing horses so to speak. Recently I obtained one from a fine gentleman that may just replace it's worthy predacessors...My loving Fiance decided it would be a good gift for my birthday and said...OK go get it.

Instead of going into details I thought it would be fun to put up one picture initially and get INGO's unvarnished opinion of it, and guesses as to its maker etc. On the off chance some of you other 1911 fans have seen it no cheating! That said its maker and its maker's mentor share a similar philosophy, one I respect. And I do promise a more detailed AAR after I get a little time behind the gun.

My new simple 1911
    picture.php

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I think the only thing I would have done different was 10-8 flat trigger, depending on the internals. what slide is that? its so hard to find them without rollmarks.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Have not put any rounds out of this one myself yet, but I am a looking forward to doing so. As for the sights I have shot the 10-8's that are similar to this gun's rear and like them alot, simple clean design (no dots, bars etc) and a slightly wider notch than the normal .125 that helps my old guy eyes work better...That said the sights on this one are not 10-8's, they were machined by the builder in a similar style.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    OK Not a Wilson, slide and frame are Caspian. A flat trigger or longer trigger may be the ONE thing I change after I get some rounds through it. That said I am hesitant to change anything on the internals as the trigger though "carry" weight at 4lbs is probably one of the best I have felt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a true nut for 1911's. This one is so clean and the fit/finish appear to be top shelf. My EDC is a 1911 A1 Springer.
    I want to touch it...............................:D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gordo, I think I just wet me self a bit... :)

Simple, functional, Kart barrel, some frills but still plain enough not to garner unwanted attention unless it's desired.

Gotta give me some info on the innards and who fit it... (and who Melonited it!!)

BTW: The 90's called, they want their rail back... :D :D (Kidding!)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A fine looking 1911, how does it handle?

If you like it, you know the drill, get 3 more just like it!

Looks so much better without the forward cocking serrations

Some guys like the look but I always like the forward serrations for handling. Don't like to pinch, prefer to come up underneath. :twocents:

Top Bottom