• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Factor in that there is a boat load of trade ins and the fact that there are 100 bazillion made, it will be a while before you see an increase worth much. There were some long slide versions made that have seen a significant increase, but those are oddballs in the Glock world.

I say hold on to it, unless you really need the money, or of you're wanting to switch platforms.
    Na, don’t need anything. Just curiosity got hold of me. I’m a old school revolver kinda guy. Only auto I shoot much is my old 1911. I shoot my belly gun .380 enough to stay in touch with it. I burn up most of my ammo 6 rounds at a time.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    H*** yes bags of “Do Not Eat” don’t tell me I’m the only newbie that read Every single all 298 pages of tin-cup.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    CM, if I’m here in another 40 I’ll ask you to call Giness Book.

Oopps, I thought you meant 40 years, my mistake. 40 cal. got it.

Last edited:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Webster‘s old World Dictionary

”Hand”
    noun- the guy that does stuff.

Hey get the fence hand, tell him to fix the fence on the west.
    :naughty:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    OP if you thought you needed a stack of Glocks in 2016, what makes you think you don’t need them now? My recommendation would be to go buy a pile of magazines to fit those Glocks. Maybe grab a 9mm conversion barrel and an equally big pile of 9mm magazines.
    What @VERT said. No reason to get rid of something you may need now more than ever.

Reactions: Mij

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a 22. I had some bad ammo once and got some malfunctions; slide wouldn't go back to battery and some Failure to eject. Otherwise it's a fine tool. I have a 27 also. I generally prefer that with an extended magazine and grip sleeve.
    If you've got a few and a bunch of rounds in storage I wouldn't look to switch off the platform. Especially now with fewer people shooting 40 cal.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Would anyone be willing to give an assessment of the Glock mod. 22 in 40 S&W. I would like especially to hear about reliability, investment potential, or any negative aspects you may be aware of. And thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Not having read any of the other responses, this is my opinion...

As someone who has been a department Glock armorer for about fifteen years (about 200 each of Gen 3 22/27, Gen 4 17/26, Gen 5 17/26) I can say it's like being the Maytag repair man... they just run. The only issues we ever had were the inital Gen 4 guns had some ejection and finish issues, but they still never malfunctioned. Ejection was just erratic and weak. They were all fixed with new ejectors from Glock.

There is no investment potential in a Glock... especially a 40 S&W.

The only negative I can think of is the caliber as I'd go 9mm all day over 40.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I keep hearing that to convert a glock 40 to a 9mm you just swap a barrel and mag. My question is does a breach face and extractor made for a .40 work reliability with a 9mm? I have a .40 glock stashed away in the back of the safe. If all I need is a barrel and a mag I might convert it to 9mm.
    Excuse me for my glock ignorance.
    Never been a huge fan

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I keep hearing that to convert a glock 40 to a 9mm you just swap a barrel and mag. My question is does a breach face and extractor made for a .40 work reliability with a 9mm? I have a .40 glock stashed away in the back of the safe. If all I need is a barrel and a mag I might convert it to 9mm.
    Excuse me for my glock ignorance.
    Never been a huge fan

You have to get a barrel that is specifically a 40 to 9mm conversion and you can use standard Glock 9mm mags with it. You can't just buy a Glock standard 9mm barrel for your 40.

I've also found that you can just shoot 9mm out of your 40 without changing anything at all, but I don't recommend it. :laugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not an investment per se, but not a bad "hedge" to have something worth bartering/trading, etc should things continue to get crazy, as well as not a bad tool to have on hand (in multiples).

• Depends on your meaning of investment. Holding value on par with inflation, etc and possibly going up a bit if gun laws get crazy= yes as long as you bought right.
    • Going crazy in a collector's market = not going to happen.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A Glock will never be an investment I don't care even if it is a Gen 1 19.

This would be an investment gun, hit the market at $1,500~ on GunBroker and now good luck touching one for less than 3K

Funny you say that, since Gen 1s routinely hit over $2k in good shape these days.

I've no idea why, but somebody thinks they are investments.

Cop guns often appreciate. The "M" certainly sells at a premium due to rarity. So Glocks absolutely can appreciate and be a speculative investment.

Run of the mill .40s are not that sort of Glock, though. Note the new Gen 5 Glock .40 is redesigned from the Gen 4 and earlier and is often not compatible with holsters for the earlier gens. It's thicker and heavier, and thus sucks up recoil better.

For me, the early .40 Glock is the worst Glock, other than oddballs like the .45 GAP.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Thanks WebSnyper, ya keeping up with inflation is primary reason. I like to stay diversified, guns, pm’s, land, real estate, live stock, I don’t gamble on stock mrkt. And with dems. In office you can’t be to prepared. Putting your money in a bank is just dumb. Wished I’d bought copper back in the 80’s but who knew?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Funny you say that, since Gen 1s routinely hit over $2k in good shape these days.

I've no idea why, but somebody thinks they are investments.

Cop guns often appreciate. The "M" certainly sells at a premium due to rarity. So Glocks absolutely can appreciate and be a speculative investment.

Run of the mill .40s are not that sort of Glock, though. Note the new Gen 5 Glock .40 is redesigned from the Gen 4 and earlier and is often not compatible with holsters for the earlier gens. It's thicker and heavier, and thus sucks up recoil better.

For me, the early .40 Glock is the worst Glock, other than oddballs like the .45 GAP.
    I've been looking for a Gen 1 G17 for a few years now. I used to say "I'm not paying $750 for a Gen 1". Sure wish I had paid that....

Look at you...no love for my G37. Sigh. :stickpoke:Just kidding, G37 is kinda an answer without a question.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The biggest issue with Glock 40’s is folks don’t change the recoil spring enough. It is enough more PSI over a 9mm that with a few thousand rounds it adds up.

The Gen 2-4 40 cal isn’t as forgiving on not replacing recoil springs. The new Glock Gen 5’ in 40 now have a slightly wider and heavier slide (1.08 compaired to 1.00 on Gen 2-4 Glock 22,23) and weighs 3-4 OZ heavier so that should help reduce frame battering as much.

Nothing wrong with a 40. Just like nothing wrong with a 45. Just because the 9mm is a little better than it was doesn’t mean the 40’s and 45 don’t still work.

Top Bottom