• K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    A perfect day at the range. (Atterbury)

Today was a perfect day...

Strated it out by meeting INGO member Mr. Lubie for a FTF for a Remington 870 Express 28" 12 ga. Mr. Lubie is a good guy and a pleasure to make a deal with.

It was warmish, sunny, and clear, so I headed over to Atterbury to have some range time with my newly passed-down SKS. I had never been to Atterbury and did not know what to expect. I saw a few INGO stickers in the parking lot, one on a bright yellow Focus and one on a black SUV. The ladies who helped me were great at explaining the way it works there. A dad and his 2 boys were a few stands down and they where having a great time, one kid asked about my SKS. I fired off 100 rounds from the SKS at 50 yds. and despite my horribly cheap sunglasses making my vision blurry, I didn't do to bad for the first time with the SKS, and I had no malfunctions.

Next, since I had just bought a shotgun, I decided to check out the shotgun range. I watched some guys shoot clays for a while and then decided to try it myself. I bought a token and a box of shells and headed to the trap range. I stopped a couple of guys to get a second check on the shotgun as I am totally new to shotguns and didn't want to mess it up. I shot the box of shells and had a great time breaking clays. I hit most of them, which I am happy with for the first time shooting a moving target. Although I got a bit sore near the end from 100 punches from the SKS's steel butt-plate and 25 from the 12ga.

Finally, I headed to Gander in Greenwood to get a box of 00 buck defensive shells and some snap-caps.

Now, I'm home with my wife, making pizza, and I get to clean my new guns.

-KW-

Good groups for a first try. Shots in the corners were intentional. 50 yards, iron sights.
    dscn4468s.jpg

dscn4469b.jpg

Last edited:

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Very jealous. My day started with a rat race to work followed by a rate race at work. I was then entered in a rat race to lunch and back. Followed by a late afternoon last minute rat race. I then had to enter a rat race to get home.
    The good news is I'm ending my day surfing INgo and then eating dinner with my family. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow.

Yukon622

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    brownsburg
    It was a great day.... I made my way out to MCFG around 9ish this morning and spent about two hours firing off all the ammo I brought. 200 9mm, 100 .45, 50 17hmr, and 200 .22lr.... Got my new scope (BSA Sweet 17 6-18x40mm ) on the .17 hmr sighted in and think im going to really enjoy this rife. Just cant complain about this "winter"!!!

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Congrats on an awesome day! Sounds like it was ideal - new gun plus range fun.

I was fortunate enough to sneak out to Indiana Gun Club this afternoon to enjoy some weather and shoot some trap with my buddy.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    it was a great day to shoot. my wife called me at work to see if i would leave and take her to my parents house to shoot. she didnt have to twist my arm. with all the hours ive put in lately it was a nice change of pace.

Top Bottom