• ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    What problems does it cause?
    The worst part is getting lube in the striker channel. It can cause light strikes. On the button of the slide there is a small hole; some people believe that is a lubrication point. It is not. That is a drain hole for if the gun gets submerged it lets the water run out.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    My cousin Elmo has just agreed to let me have my "old" gun back (Sig365xl) that I had sold him a few months ago. He's going to trade me that for this G43x after it comes back from Glock for the second time. He's a hell of a guy. He put a sweet Wilson Combat frame on it but as he said it's been sitting on a shelf ever since. He already has a 43X and a 48 so this will join his Glock stable. I told him he has to continue this thread and let us all know what it does for him after it comes back
    Note to self: Find out if Elmo is a member with over 50 quality posts. :@ya:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Do you shoot a thumbs up grip? Is it possible you're lightly contacting the slide and slowing it down enough to not fully go in to battery?
    When getting a lady setup with a handgun the 43 did have some fail to fires. She was a New shooter. The rental place said that many had fails to fire in the 43 but he and others who shot a lot did not. I have shot a 43 a couple tImes and had zero issues in my limited shooting. As soon as she shot a hellcat from Springfield she stated “what is this patch of grip in front of the trigger” she said yes after the first shot” that’s what I did”. . I told her it is for offhand placement. i Think she was thumbing the slide a bit and when she found the grip spot herself without me pointing it out.

of the pistols we shot ( my collection plus the rentals) she liked my PPK/s a cheap copy of the PPK/s (bursa) the best for hand fit. She shot the hellcat well but the SIG 365 best. She also shot my 6 inch model 66 the best but that was not on the table for what she needed. She ended up buying the SIG 365 I think because she saw I had a 226 210 a few 229’s and a 938 in my collection.

since we had decided she would have a ruger PCC 9mm As her house gun we were looking for a Glock to share mags. Even in 19 she thought was to big and she shot the 26 poorly. So she ended up with the ruger PCC and the sig 365. They only share ammo not mags but when she saw the 31 and 33 round mags for it she was hooked into the carbine and I think She shoots it better than I do.

nothing wrong with the sig 365 over the Glock 43.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When getting a lady setup with a handgun the 43 did have some fail to fires. She was a New shooter. The rental place said that many had fails to fire in the 43 but he and others who shot a lot did not.

Lines up with my experience/experience of others I trust. Unmodified Glock issues are usually, but not always, one of the following:

1) User issue
    2) Lube issue
    3) Ammo issue

in some combination. They make an occasional dud and even when it's their fault they'll blame #1 (gun quantum shifted into another dimension? You limp wristed it...) but it's very occasional.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Well this does suck. Just got back from the range. 100 more rounds in. The last two mags resulted in two more light primer strikes. I got a picture of each one before I loaded them again (and of course they DID fire the 2nd time). The failures to feed are all gone now. And as with the first session I was able to hit pretty good with this gun and the sights are dead on (at least at the close 30 feet that I shoot at). But I have zero confidence in this gun when one of the light strikes were with super expensive (and well regarded) Federal HST! If the failures were ONLY with the Winchester NATO I could certainly overlook this. But as it is... View attachment 320207 View attachment 320206
    These rounds did not go all the way into battery. They are not light primer strikes but out of battery primer strikes. This shouldn’t happen either but, the problem MAY BE shooter induced, I said MAY BE. I’d like to see your grip. I’m wondering if it isn’t interfering with slide movement. The G43 is a small pistol and it MAY BE you are getting your “hobbit fingers” too high on the slide and slowing it down.
    All that being said: If the slide is that far out of battery, the striker block shouldn’t allow the striker to even come that far out to hit the round.
    If it happens again, see if the slide is slightly retracted before ejecting the round. The barrel hood should be flush with the top of the slide.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Do you shoot a thumbs up grip? Is it possible you're lightly contacting the slide and slowing it down enough to not fully go in to battery?
    I don't know if you'd call it thumbs up but it's certainly NOT thumbs forward. Either way it's never been a problem on 3 different XDms (2 different calibers)...a S&W 3913, a S&W 4506, Glock 19 gen2, Ruger 1911, Ruger P90 DC, S&W M&P9 2.0, 2 different S&W Shield 1.0s, a S&W Shield 2.0, Hellcat, and 2 different Sig P365XLs & probably some other I have forgotten over the years. Of course I realize all guns are different so that list may mean very little in this mystery.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know if you'd call it thumbs up but it's certainly NOT thumbs forward. Either way it's never been a problem on 3 different XDms (2 different calibers)...a S&W 3913, a S&W 4506, Glock 19 gen2, Ruger 1911, Ruger P90 DC, S&W M&P9 2.0, 2 different S&W Shield 1.0s, a S&W Shield 2.0, Hellcat, and 2 different Sig P365XLs & probably some other I have forgotten over the years. Of course I realize all guns are different so that list may mean very little in this mystery.

Yeah, different guns and all as you say. Little guns with less slide mass and less spring pressure may have less tolerance to light contact, but I can't say for sure. It makes sense in my head but I can't math it out to know for certain.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Thanks for sharing your tale of woe. I have a sig p365 that was doing the same thing, turns out it was the ammo (Herters) with light primer strikes. I learned from researching that their primers are harder to dent with strikers. After changing to better target ammo the problem went away. I still don't trust it though and went back to carrying my trusty sp101.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I had the same experience with the first two Glocks I ever purchased. A G41 and G17.4 .
    If you've been to enough shooting gatherings, you've seen your share of Glocks choke on the line.
    They've done a tremendous job at marketing over the years.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom