• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I turned 21 (over 30 yrs ago) I bought my first handgun…. a S&W 645. I shot and shot that pistol!!! I got hurt and needed a few bucks so had to sell it. Always wish I could of kept it. I made a repair to that pistol that stands out to me…. and low and behold the other day I see a 645 with that same repair. Sure enough it’s my old 645 …. same serial number and it’s for sale. Needless to say my first pistol is mine again!!!
    Talk about luck. Go buy a PowerBall ticket while you're at it.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The screw holding the right hand side of the decocker on….. not a factory screw. I worked at a old hardware store at the time and sifted thru many screws to find the exact one ;)
    Great story to tell your kids/grandkids about this pistol. Also consider writing it down and keep it with the pistol rather than relying upon their memories.

What I find baffling about this pistol is that in 30 years and who knows how many owners, nobody bothered to replace that screw with a factory screw. One of the first things I do with a new to me but experienced firearm is detail strip it to figure out if there are any parts that need to be repaired/replaced. Unless that screw was unobtanium, I'm certain that I would have replaced it.

All-in-all a truly wonderful story on this pistol.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Great story to tell your kids/grandkids about this pistol. Also consider writing it down and keep it with the pistol rather than relying upon their memories.

What I find baffling about this pistol is that in 30 years and who knows how many owners, nobody bothered to replace that screw with a factory screw. One of the first things I do with a new to me but experienced firearm is detail strip it to figure out if there are any parts that need to be repaired/replaced. Unless that screw was unobtanium, I'm certain that I would have replaced it.

All-in-all a truly wonderful story on this pistol.
    Yes Sir I’ve already jotted it down in my log book. I thought the same thing about the screw and once I get some free time I’ll order all new springs and blow it apart for a deep clean, repair and lube. The gentleman I got it from was selling for his good friends widow. He was a retired Sheriffs deputy and this was his gun he carried….. neat story there but I’m still grinning ear to ear

Top Bottom