• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Congratulations! I plan to wait until 65 or 67 mainly for insurance. I buy my own and it makes a lot of sense to wait till medicare availability. Thankfully my job is scalable and I can slow down significantly from 62-67, effectively working part time. I plan on working a little after that as projects come up.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Filed for social security yesterday. Get my first check the first of September. :oldwise:
    Congrats, it will be 3 years retirement this coming June. Our situation is a bit different. After mulling it over for a while I went at 65. My wife is younger and still working, so I'm on her health insurance. The great thing is she loves her job and has a great boss too. I imagine she will retire within the next year and a half. A big factor for me to retire was watching my younger brother battle throat cancer for 2 years. And his wife was bed ridden from a stroke. I was helping out taking him to doctor visits and such. So I saw the hell he went through first hand. I thought s**t that could be me or any one of us. Time to retire and enjoy it. I have plenty of hobbies to keep me busy. And we just added our 5th grandchild. Good luck, enjoy your time!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Pulled the trigger myself in 2021. It was difficult to get my head around not being on the hamster wheel but feels great now.
    I will admit that the insurance for healthcare is sketchy stuff, but stay healthy and you’ll do fine. Congratulations!
    Yeah, I can see that. Started working when I was 14, longest I've been off or out of work since was about a month, right after I got out of the army. Could have started working sooner then but I needed the time to "de-militarize" myself.
    Will continue to work at least part time, just for insurance.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Congrats, it will be 3 years retirement this coming June. Our situation is a bit different. After mulling it over for a while I went at 65. My wife is younger and still working, so I'm on her health insurance. The great thing is she loves her job and has a great boss too. I imagine she will retire within the next year and a half. A big factor for me to retire was watching my younger brother battle throat cancer for 2 years. And his wife was bed ridden from a stroke. I was helping out taking him to doctor visits and such. So I saw the hell he went through first hand. I thought s**t that could be me or any one of us. Time to retire and enjoy it. I have plenty of hobbies to keep me busy. And we just added our 5th grandchild. Good luck, enjoy your time!
    Thanks! We both have health issues, mine are minor compared to The Boss's. This will really help me to help her out more than I can now.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Congratulations on the retirement! I'm 820 days away from retirement and I will be 70 then. I am also holding off due to health insurance reasons and waiting until the wife hits 66 yrs 10 months for her retirement (she's 3 years younger than me).

Top Bottom