• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I was wondering if I shouldn't have posted this under the SHTF Forums, since this will be a new use for heavy duty foil.

Radio chip coming soon to your driver's license?

Privacy advocates are issuing warnings about a new [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]radio[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] chip plan that ultimately could provide electronic identification for every adult in the U.S. and allow agents to compile attendance lists at anti-government rallies simply by walking through the assembly.

So, save some of that tin foil to wrap around your new Driver's License, to stop the RFID chip from being read.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Seems like I saw special billfolds that will block RFID on 2600 or heard about it on Off the Hook at one time.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    It works better to simply put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Heck, who cares about the chip. Look at the back of your driver's license you already have. That is a significant amount of data right there.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It works better to simply put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Heck, who cares about the chip. Look at the back of your driver's license you already have. That is a significant amount of data right there.

We did a prototype project for ISP where I used to work, with CCD camera styled 2d barcode scanners. Every bit of data on your license is in that barcode. There was a bar for a while that scanned the back to "verify" that the license was good. What the patrons didn't know is that they were storing that info. It is great to know when the college kids come, versus when the mid-aged women come, etc. I believe they stopped when someone found out and raised hell.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    If you are starting to run out of tin foil try COSTCO. You can get the heavy duty thickness for the same price and it doesn't rip apart when you crease it to cover your ears.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Seems like I saw special billfolds that will block RFID on 2600 or heard about it on Off the Hook at one time.
    They do have them, to protect the CCs and some passports that have RFIDs in them

We did a prototype project for ISP where I used to work, with CCD camera styled 2d barcode scanners. Every bit of data on your license is in that barcode. There was a bar for a while that scanned the back to "verify" that the license was good. What the patrons didn't know is that they were storing that info. It is great to know when the college kids come, versus when the mid-aged women come, etc. I believe they stopped when someone found out and raised hell.
    Some bars still scan. When people tell me "this bar scans" I just shake my head and ask if they let them...they always do :n00b:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Off topic but I was at the license branch getting my address changed a week ago or so when they went to take my picture the lady asked me to remove my glasses. I should of asked why before I did so but I messed up :n00b: I was talking to her after while waiting for my license to get printed up and mentioned that before I had to wear my glasses for the pic. She told me that it was for facial recognition software for a national database :eek::runaway::eek: I hope she was messing with me because I haven't heard about it before and in a quick search didn't find anything about it but......

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Off topic but I was at the license branch getting my address changed a week ago or so when they went to take my picture the lady asked me to remove my glasses. I should of asked why before I did so but I messed up :n00b: I was talking to her after while waiting for my license to get printed up and mentioned that before I had to wear my glasses for the pic. She told me that it was for facial recognition software for a national database :eek::runaway::eek: I hope she was messing with me because I haven't heard about it before and in a quick search didn't find anything about it but......
    This facial recognition stuff was all over the networks a couple of months ago. George Orwell was off by only a few years.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah I heard about the facial recognition but what I got from it, the database was supposed to be for known terrorists, felons etc. Not everyone who gets a DL and the lady said it was for a national database not BMV usage.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    The facial recognition is to work with all the cameras set up in urban areas that were paid for by homeland security. Even rural towns have dipped into the homeland security money. For example- the small town of Edinburgh IN is completely wired for visual with panning cameras from the police station.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Never listen to anything said after hearing "database" and "supposed to" in the same sentence.

Way to many examples of those two going together in complete failure by intent and by mistake.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you are starting to run out of tin foil try COSTCO. You can get the heavy duty thickness for the same price and it doesn't rip apart when you crease it to cover your ears.
    TinFoilHat_puton.jpg

tin-foil-hat.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Yep. I just missed it, but my fiancee didn't. You have to take a picture with a "neutral" look. No smiling or big brother won't be able to identify you.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I saw a program recently that can decode the back of your license. Search google for "swipebarcode.jar", and you'll find the info on your license back consists of:

Name=
    Address=
    City=
    State=IN
    Zipcode=
    Driver License Number=
    Driver Classification Code=
    Driver Restriction Code=
    Driver Endorsements Code=
    License Expiration Date=
    License Issued Date=
    Date of Birth=
    Sex=
    Height=
    Weight=

Obviously, I redacted my own info, but left the categories. I think we can take the tinfoil off for any licenses that do not have more than that.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom