Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I want to know how much overlap exists among:

1. People who believe in "Planet X,"
    2. People who believe the Earth is flat, and
    3. People who believe that the Moon landings were hoaxes.
    Well, maybe not like you think - many flat earthers think that the sky is like a giant curtain and there's no real planets outside it. It's kind of the big daddy of all conspiracy theories. Some think beyond Antarctica is a secret land controlled by the powerful.

Still other flat earthers hold to a geocentric model (yes, the one disproved hundreds of years ago).

Available on Netflix.
    [video=youtube;LewV4QYo0l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LewV4QYo0l0[/video]

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.

Couple questions:
    1. 'un :dunno: what does that mean? A big 'un is a big one.

Is that Planet X that folks keep searching for? Planet X is a means of saying Planet Ten. Nowadays with the demotion of Pluto it would be what, Planet IX? Or Nibiru as some want to call it. Some people tried to popularize the name Nemesis at some point. Whatever the preferred label is it's a big something. People have been making all kinds of claims about it being a brown dwarf (gas giant that never ignited into a fusion reaction) or a large planet sized body.

OK, maybe there's another chunk of rock, but WTF do people think aliens are on it? If it's massive enough to exert such a large gravitational effect on the orbits of other planets... I don't know but wouldn't the aliens spread out about like a warm box of salve?

2. Hapgood? Who? Charles Hapgood. College professor, WWII with the Office of Strategic Services, explorer, author, dared to examine and discuss facts that most of his contemporaries dared not stick their foot in. Was excoriated for threatening the comfort zones of academicians.

3. Wiki tripe? Yes, tripe.

Now, about agendas, we live in a world where findings in virtually all the sciences are routinely suppressed and previous findings are reinterpreted for a variety of axe grindings.

That seems like a very convenient excuse to continue believing in conspiracy theories and ignoring the vast amount of presented evidence. Evidence of what? What conspiracy theories?

Would you propose that the good doctor with the U.S. Naval Observatory was propagating propaganda in the service of an unknown agenda? Possible I suppose. Myself I think the man was telling the truth in what he said, whether he was saying all he knew or not.

There are huge masses of gases, rock and ice flying in various directions in our solar system. We live on one of them. More are being identified all the time. If the big 'un is out there, if Dr. Robert Harrington was telling the truth, then it is only a matter of time until it repeats its orbit approach to the inner solar system. By the way, there are various ideas about the periodicity of the orbit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Would you propose that the good doctor with the U.S. Naval Observatory was propagating propaganda in the service of an unknown agenda? Possible I suppose. Myself I think the man was telling the truth in what he said, whether he was saying all he knew or not.

There are huge masses of gases, rock and ice flying in various directions in our solar system. We live on one of them. More are being identified all the time. If the big 'un is out there, if Dr. Robert Harrington was telling the truth, then it is only a matter of time until it repeats its orbit approach to the inner solar system. By the way, there are various ideas about the periodicity of the orbit.

That's one person that produced some data (probably in earnest) that widely been refuted by thoroughly examining it and other data sets.

OK, sure he might be correct about planet X, but then people have taken this kernel of truth (or suspected truth) and layered on all sorts of weird things like ET from Zeta Reticuli, tried to tie into some numbers found in the Bible (I have a big problem with this), the Mayan Calendar, etc., etc.

It's that sort of thing, combined with the unsubstantiated claims of suppression that makes it so unbelievable.

Plus, when you're absolutely certain it's a thing and no amount of scientific research or logical reasoning can convince otherwise, that's where it becomes a problem.

In the film, the proponents get a really expensive gyroscope that's going to prove the Earth is flat. Spoiler Alert: it doesn't.
    "Well, we need to repeat the test with shielding to block out the satellites."
    Nope.
    "Well..."

For each bit of evidence showing how their wrong, instead of pondering that, they just create another excuse as to why the data can't be trusted. They just can't bring themselves to open up to the possibility that their all consuming raison d'être for the vast majority of their life was a lie.

If 'un is a threat to Earth, then why is NASA not sounding the klaxxon? Isn't that one of their jobs to identify threats like this?

As for Hapgood, why should believe his archeological findings, yet reject the Lucy and the other hominoid arch. discoveries?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are you saying:

1. There isn't?
    2. It's not?
    3. They weren't?

:faint:

I implied nothing! I am factually curious about the intersection of the three sets of people.

I shall not comment on my thoughts regarding the three topics at this time. NO SIR, I shall not!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Grand conspiracy theories and the large scale suppression of earth shattering "truths" amuse me so.:rolleyes:

Look around. Here on INGO, with a fairly large group of USians, with a shared love of things that go bang, and the 2A, and we can't even agree on simple things. Is a Glock ugly? Do 1911s suck? CC or OC? Is appendix carry safe? Was it an AD or a ND? 9mm or .45?

But to believe in Planet X, flat Earth, faked moon landing, etc, you MUST believe than large groups of disparate people, from all around the world, from all branches of science, can come together and agree one thing; to hide the biggest lie ever told from the rest of humanity. And then maintain that lie as the status quo for generations.

It defies all logic. It ignores basic human nature. It's statistically impossible.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just rewatched that video and something immediately hit me - Paul refers to the other man as "Rabbi Steven", then they use the terms "brother" and "sister". (it ain't a Southern thang either - Paul lives in Knox, IN, or thereabouts)

Nope. Nope. Nope. Red flags go up when a Christian refers to a Jew as a "brother". That term is exclusively reserved for "brother in Christ", and if you discount Christ, well...

What in the world are you talking about?
    OK, let's go back to the top... to the video.

1. Steven has clandestine information, purportedly from NASA, about Planet X.
    2. Planet X will come through between now and 2025.
    3. video ends abruptly.

OK, assuming that you posted the video with the intent to inform us about something, tell us (A) why should anyone be concerned about this, and (B) why should we consider the rambling of these two men sitting in a car.

Are their implications that I, as a Christian, should be aware of?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Grand conspiracy theories and the large scale suppression of earth shattering "truths" amuse me so.:rolleyes:

Look around. Here on INGO, with a fairly large group of USians, with a shared love of things that go bang, and the 2A, and we can't even agree on simple things. Is a Glock ugly? Do 1911s suck? CC or OC? Is appendix carry safe? Was it an AD or a ND? 9mm or .45?

But to believe in Planet X, flat Earth, faked moon landing, etc, you MUST believe than large groups of disparate people, from all around the world, from all branches of science, can come together and agree one thing; to hide the biggest lie ever told from the rest of humanity. And then maintain that lie as the status quo for generations.

It defies all logic. It ignores basic human nature. It's statistically impossible.

Generally, people who buy into large scale conspiracies have a deep seated NEED that there be someone who controls all the idiocy and evil we see because it's just too scary to believe that what happens just happens.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think his recent video has some answers to my questions.

Finally the guy has the cahones to give a date: March 28, 2021, 9:18 PM EST. - which he claims comes from NASA.

Planet X disccusion starts at 52:00.
    [video=youtube;fgxDUTa-ZtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgxDUTa-ZtQ[/video]
    TL/DW: He's got information showing that Planet X is going to smash into Jupiter and debris will hit the Earth. Spoken with absolute certainty because it comes from an unnamed NASA astronomer. But, when this apocalypse comes, you won't care because everyone will have mush for brains because 5G cell technology will give us all brain cancer. This is followed by a virtual altar call.

As for my question about Christian implications, yes, I think I should be concerned. This man is using scare tactics, not Biblical preaching, to create converts. There's no explanation of the Gospel or sin, or even what it means to be saved, just, "get saved now while you can!" Salvation is presented as an alternative to death in the apocalypse he's hyping up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...As for my question about Christian implications, yes, I think I should be concerned. This man is using scare tactics, not Biblical preaching, to create converts. There's no explanation of the Gospel or sin, or even what it means to be saved, just, "get saved now while you can!" Salvation is presented as an alternative to death in the apocalypse he's hyping up.

Take your pick:

"…Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away…"

or

"The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away..."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you're easily swayed into accepting Jesus through emotional appeal then you're likely to be swayed into accepting another testament of Christ with stories of him in the Americas, or accepting that babbling gibberish is a requirement to fully in Christ.

I will maintain that sound Biblical teaching is essential to the faith.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think his recent video has some answers to my questions...

No way in hell I'm watching over an hour of that. But I did click just read the comments. After a couple minutes of that, I actually hope he's wrong and Planet X gets us MUCH sooner.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom