• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I've seen several threads and posts about how rude employees at gun stores are and how offended people have felt because of those employees. I am in no way defending any customer service associate with a bad attitude who is unwilling to help their customers. I just happened to stumble upon this video from Iraqveteran8888 and thought I'd make a post. The things being said in the video are not a joke and they are not being overly dramatic. If anything, from my own experience, they are hardly even getting into the stupidity and ignorance that is dealt with by gun shop employees on a regular basis. This isn't meant to be confrontational, I just liked the video :):

[video=youtube;LIlhiCQQ5Xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIlhiCQQ5Xg&list=PLAFE8F6FAC46F3172&index= 5[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIlhiCQQ5Xg&list=PLAFE8F6FAC46F3172&index=5

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I had a gentleman from Texas buy a Walther PPK magazine from me via eBay.
    The day he got it he emailed me and said that it didn't fit and he needed to return it.
    Upon further questioning he told me he had a Mauser HSC.
    When I asked him "Why in the world would you buy a Walther PPK magazine when you have a Mauser HSC?"

His reply "Your magazine said 9MM Kurz on it and that's what it says on my gun". :ugh:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Good video, thanks for posting it up for us. I have never worked in a gun shop, but did help at gun shows for about 2yrs. I'll never forget working an Indy 1500, when a guy asked me, and I quote "How many bullets do it shoot?" Asking about a Remington 870 lying on the table.

There have been a few others, I just can't think of them right now.

EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    These must all be Southernisms. I encountered none of this dumbassery slinging guns for Galyan's in high school and undergrad.

My firearm sales experience has all been within the last 3 years. I do agree some of it is worded differently there than I've encountered at the gun counter. However, the concept and slang is very similar. In the original post I said I thought they were being pretty nice about their complaints. In my experience, "GLock 9 widda beam" is the most common gun slang I've dealt with. For some people, any semi auto handgun can be referred to as a "Glock 9 widda beam". But seriously people have no idea what magazines they need and think they are all the same. People come in saying they need ammo and don't even know what they need. It's honestly very scar. If i learned anything from working with guns, it is most certainly that a lot of customers are very uneducated and very frightening.

I kid you not, I had a woman come in with her mother looking for a gun for her house after someone broke down their door. She was interested in handguns and shotguns and she saw a particular handgun she wanted to see, a S&W SD9VE. I dropped the mag, chamber check, and showed her the basics of using a semi auto and some of the guns features. Handed it to her, she looked it over and handed it to her mom asking what she though. Her mom literally pointed the gun at her daughters face and said "pew pew"........ Needless to say, I grabbed the gun and told her every gun is a loaded gun and they should be treated as such and they went on their way.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    These must all be Southernisms. I encountered none of this dumbassery slinging guns for Galyan's in high school and undergrad.

Galyans is no more, but if they were...........at Indy locations, you'd be up on the slang.

It's not southern, it's urban...........the majority of it from a stereotypical group (which most often get denied the sale.....like mentioned in the video).
    So common as to be comical. The slang usually goes with a "denied".

Or you just lie about it, since they reek of booze or weed and are having their girlfriend (looks like a stripper) try to buy it.

You can say "delayed" and tell them to come back in a couple days. They NEVER do.
    When you get these folks, usually right before close on a Friday (often coming groups of 4 to 7 and rather loud)........you just pretend to call it in.

Get all F'd up and visit the gunshop, it's how they like to start their weekend.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom