• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Since this is a proposal for a federal law...and by definition a "firearm" is the part with the serial number on it.........couldn't you just buy a stripped lower for $50 and turn it in?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A credit is basically a check for $2k. Some folks are confusing "tax credit" with "tax deduction." Deductions reduce your taxable income. Credits reduce the total owed. Credits can take the taxes owed into the negatives. Deductions can only take it to zero. Credits are significantly more valuable.

Thanks for the clarification.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's just tax money, shear the sheep a little more or call Janet and have her make some.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    A credit is basically a check for $2k. Some folks are confusing "tax credit" with "tax deduction." Deductions reduce your taxable income. Credits reduce the total owed. Credits can take the taxes owed into the negatives. Deductions can only take it to zero. Credits are significantly more valuable.

Without addressing the scam, er proposed legislation, the above explains the basic difference between a "tax credit" and a "tax deduction".

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Bogwalker took the words straight out of my keyboard.
    Tempting as it would be to get the cheapest Hi-Point or Keltec possible to fleece them out of $2K, it still gives legitimacy for the antis to claim that magazine fed semiautos are "assault weapons."
    It's a ruse from a particularly despicable politician (anyone who knows a thing about DeLauro would do well to educate himself on her, and I use the term "her" loosely...just look at a photo of "her," and you'll get what I mean here) to snooker gun owners into accepting her and the rest of the antis' terminology.
    Reject it out of hand, and explain why when you do it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Would participating in this program get your name on "Another" fed. gun list?????

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You are reading too much into this. From my reading, it actually doesn't infringe on your rights at all. This legislation would be so spectacularly ineffective that all it would accomplish would be to give you a high return on one of your firearms. Oh... And drive up the prices of cheap semi-auto rifles. Consider it a good means to come up with the money for that expensive AR/1911/whatever that you've been thinking about.

It doesn't infringe *right now*, pudly. Nothing from government is ever free. There is always a price to be paid. The term "Faustian" comes to mind. I'll pass, and I won't support this :poop:. YMMV.

Blessings,
    Bill

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    $2000 a pop? Let's see, IF that passed, all I'd need is $100,000 to spend on $200 cheapie 'assault weapons', and a buncha 'friends'. Split that 50/50 with 'em, and I'd still end up with a $401,000 net profit! :laugh:

Wonder if they'd let me do that every year? Not sure about fellow INGO'ers, but I'm 'pretty sure' I could 'survive' off of $400k / year... :lmfao:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    You are reading too much into this. From my reading, it actually doesn't infringe on your rights at all. This legislation would be so spectacularly ineffective that all it would accomplish would be to give you a high return on one of your firearms. Oh... And drive up the prices of cheap semi-auto rifles. Consider it a good means to come up with the money for that expensive AR/1911/whatever that you've been thinking about.
    I'd be with BoR on this one. No thank you.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    You better look at what is being offered. That is not 2000 in your pocket it is 2000 off of your gross income that might not be as much as you think.

Sonney

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You better look at what is being offered. That is not 2000 in your pocket it is 2000 off of your gross income that might not be as much as you think.

Sonney

A "tax credit" comes off the top. It isn't a deduction where you would only get part of the stated amount back.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    But I'm no whore. You can't buy my rights from me.

I won't sell mine, either.

I will, however, sell a piece of crap .22 with a collapsable stock & detachable magazine that my brother found in the attic of a house he rented in TX. For $2000??
    Hell, YEAH! That's about 7,000 rounds of 9mm ball ammo. Or maybe 4-6 handguns (shopping judiciously & watching sale prices). Or some combo of the two.

Top Bottom