• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There are several threads in the ammo forum regarding high ammo prices so I've decided to issue this challenge. I have 3 boxes of 380 ammo listed in the classifieds for $100. I have 1 box of Winchester 85gr Silvertips, 1 box of Remington 88 gr JHP's, and 1 box of Blazer 88gr JHP's. In the "hold on a minute" thread, it was suggested that my price may be too high (not in a negative way:D) so I decided to issue this challenge. I think my price is low compared to what 380 ammo is going for on Gunbroker.

Here is the challenge and the rules.

To make this simpler (what are the odds of finding the exact 3 boxes I have in the ad) I will use 3 boxes or 150 rounds of Remington 380 88 Grain JHP's. I have exactly 3 full boxes of Remingtons. If you can find 150 rounds of Remington 88 gr JHP's and have them in your hands for less than $100, I will give you my 3 boxes of Remington JHP's. I will even ship them to you on my dime. You must provide a photo of all 150 rounds and a photo of the receipt to win. It must be in your hands for less than $100 and shipping charges must be included. I will give you 30 days from the date of April 17th.

If you feel that you need to have a buddy gun shop owner or whoever give you a "deal" or whatever to win this competition, I guess 150 free rounds of ammo is worth more than your integrity so let's please keep this honest. If you can do it, I will keep my word.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    There are several threads in the ammo forum regarding high ammo prices so I've decided to issue this challenge. I have 3 boxes of 380 ammo listed in the classifieds for $100. I have 1 box of Winchester 85gr Silvertips, 1 box of Remington 88 gr JHP's, and 1 box of Blazer 88gr JHP's. In the "hold on a minute" thread, it was suggested that my price may be too high (not in a negative way:D) so I decided to issue this challenge. I think my price is low compared to what 380 ammo is going for on Gunbroker.

This isn't gunbroker, I would normally not say anything but since you asked for it here we go.
    I have no problem with somebody making a little extra cash off an item they don't need or want, what I do have a problem with is people treating this site like it is gunbroker. This is a community and I consider everyone here my friends and neighbors. As such I would not try to turn a profit because I have something somebody else wants. Yeah Yeah I know the whole capitalism arguement. I don't care!! Be a capitalist on Gunbroker.

Here is the challenge and the rules.

To make this simpler (what are the odds of finding the exact 3 boxes I have in the ad) I will use 3 boxes or 150 rounds of Remington 380 88 Grain JHP's. I have exactly 3 full boxes of Remingtons. If you can find 150 rounds of Remington 88 gr JHP's and have them in your hands for less than $100, I will give you my 3 boxes of Remington JHP's. I will even ship them to you on my dime. You must provide a photo of all 150 rounds and a photo of the receipt to win. It must be in your hands for less than $100 and shipping charges must be included. I will give you 30 days from the date of April 17th.

If you feel that you need to have a buddy gun shop owner or whoever give you a "deal" or whatever to win this competition, I guess 150 free rounds of ammo is worth more than your integrity so let's please keep this honest. If you can do it, I will keep my word.

Here's a challenge for you:
    If you think your prices are so in line and so GOOD why not just take down the ad here and sell them on Gunbroker.
    Or do you like trying to prove to yourself you are better and your prices are good by belittling other members by suggesting they try to find a better deal.

As far as a measure of integrity is concerned look at the pay-it-forward thread a few of us are helping others out. Most are shipping on their dime.
    I have dealt with several members and would not doubt the integrity of 99% of the people on this forum.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Here's a challenge for you:
    If you think your prices are so in line and so GOOD why not just take down the ad here and sell them on Gunbroker.
    Or do you like trying to prove to yourself you are better and your prices are good by belittling other members by suggesting they try to find a better deal.

As far as a measure of integrity is concerned look at the pay-it-forward thread a few of us are helping others out. Most are shipping on their dime.
    I have dealt with several members and would not doubt the integrity of 99% of the people on this forum.

:+1:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Before you accuse me of charging gunbroker prices, please look at the ammo in my ad and compare it to the price of copmpleted auctions. The silvertips are going from $40-70 a box without shipping included. The remingtons are going for over $100 per 100 without shipping. My price averages $33.33 a box, which is at least 30% lessthan gunbroker.

If you still think that is gouging, I want go by that Colt that you bought in 1960 for $300 for $350. This challenge was not meant to belittle anyone but to attempt aloof us to base things off of reality, not what we want them to be.

I don't need the $100 for that ammo. I'm just as content to put it back in my safe. I'm offering to put my money where my principle are and it upsets people.:dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    By the way, I have checked out the pay it forward thread and have several items in mind to post. One is a Larue tactical hat but it may be committed to a different deal.

Please ask printcraft what an evil bastard I am for saving him $300 plus on an ak. I could have taken the profit for myself. I've posted ammo finds on here for others. Don't blame me for recent ammo shortages as I haven't bought any factory ammo in a year with the exception of 22 and 7.62x39.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    just to be clear...
    I was never specifically talking about you or the 380 ammo that you have for sale when I was talking about price gouging.
    just to be clear...

With that said, I'm interested in how this offer pans out and will be checking in to see if anyone has "won". Have a good day! It's going to be a great day for the range!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    just to be clear...
    I was never specifically talking about you or the 380 ammo that you have for sale when I was talking about price gouging.
    just to be clear...

With that said, I'm interested in how this offer pans out and will be checking in to see if anyone has "won". Have a good day! It's going to be a great day for the range!

Causer,

I know you weren't talking about my specific transaction. In the other thread you suggested that maybe I had it priced too high for the market and I know you didn't mean it in a negative way.
    ----

There are basically 2 schools of thought on here. Those who believe in the family approach and market forces shouldn't really affect the pricing or those who want to price their items based on current market conditions.

1 school is based in reality and the other not so much. Sure, I like great and fair deals as much as the next guy but I don't expect them. There are some here who seem to think they can brow beat people into charging low prices.

I didn't choose to sell this ammo for the money. It's been sitting in my cabinet for years and people on here are saying they can't find it. I don't need the money and dollar amount isn't important so that is why I'm not taking it to the evil Gunbroker. I priced it at $100 on principal. I've explained in this thread and another that $100 is below market value by a good sum.

My wife and I went to town in our old beat up truck one day and the air conditioning wasn't working very well. After about the 3rd time of listening to her say "it's hot", I finally told her to keep complaining because the temperature drops a degree every time she does. Complaining about ammo prices isn't going to drop the cost a single penny a box. The prices are what they are. Choose to pay it or not. I don't like these prices any more than anyone else.

I think what is happening is that some people are taking stuff to Arfcom, Gunbroker, or whatever else in fear of the backlash they will receive on here for gouging. I bought some black talon 45 ammo and resold it on Arfcom because I didn't even want to listen to the "that's too much" crowd. I put it up for trade over there and listed a replacement value only and had an offer for about $40 more than what I was going to give for a sale price. Was I wrong for taking it?

My challenge still stands. Just think of it as a 2 for 1 ammo sale.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Good, glad you didn't take it personally!
    My dad could use the ammo for his Bersa so I am accepting your challenge, although I don't expect to succeed.
    By the way, I would love to her your wife's response to your weather comment, you know, the "rest of the story" :)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Good, glad you didn't take it personally!
    My dad could use the ammo for his Bersa so I am accepting your challenge, although I don't expect to succeed.
    By the way, I would love to her your wife's response to your weather comment, you know, the "rest of the story" :)

She got kind of huffy and puffy about it but usually is level headed enough not to argue against truth. Like all women, she gets the "if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy" bug every now and then though.:D:xmad:

I put up 40 rounds of 338 win mag in the pay it forward thread. It would cost over $80 to buy it. If someone takes me up on it and we can work it out, I'll personally deliver it just about anywhere in the state next week. I'm off work next week and am ready to bust out and put some miles on the Ultra. So far, it looks like the first part of the week is going to be nasty.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Would it be wrong if I pulled it out of my closet and wrote a reciept from my store to me? I have plenty on 380 stashed for my wifes sig p232

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Would it be wrong if I pulled it out of my closet and wrote a reciept from my store to me? I have plenty on 380 stashed for my wifes sig p232

I think I covered that in the rules of the first post. If you feel that you need to have a buddy gun shop owner or whoever give you a "deal" or whatever to win this competition, I guess 150 free rounds of ammo is worth more than your integrity so let's please keep this honest. That's from my first post and I think what you are saying fits in with a "deal".

I'm saying that these 3 boxes can't be bought for under $100 in hand in today's market. Prove me wrong, you've got a 2 for 1 sale.

Top Bottom