• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Grew up near Grissom. In the 80s they'd line up on us and do simulated gun runs while we were in the field during the spring. Makes you wonder how many people saw that right before they drew their last breath.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Seeing more and more low-flying F-16s overhead here in the Fort. I'll definitely miss the Hogs when they're finally replaced. :(

I will too, they are so cool. They cant help but fly over my office every single time they go up since our properties touch.

They were actually up today.

Reactions: oze

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Anyone know what flew over Ft Wayne/east Allen county today? My wife saw 4 but could not Identify them or describe them this would have been noon? 1pm ish?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Purdue Aviation Day is today, till 4 PM. The A-10's are on the ground at the Purdue Airport. Come on down and touch one!
    I wish I had seen this earlier. Usually I get mailings about these gatherings.

I spent 2 good years at the Purdue Airport and came away with my airframe and powerplant license. Good times. Would have loved to see how things changed in the 50 years since I got my license. Hard to believe!!!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Grew up near Grissom. In the 80s they'd line up on us and do simulated gun runs while we were in the field during the spring. Makes you wonder how many people saw that right before they drew their last breath.
    Worked on the Hogs at Grissom from 1985 until 1994, when we transitioned to KC-135s. Also worked on them in the UK and Germany. Awesome plane.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Saw it fly over the house low and hot. It did not look like you could go up and touch it. Miss seeing them when they were at Grissom, used to fly over all the time. IMG_7853.jpg

Top Bottom