• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I would like some input from the group concerning the best 9mm target gun out there. Ease of carry is of no real importance in this as I have other pistols for that. I am leaning toward a Browning High Power or a CZ 75B although I have not decided yet. As with every thing else in life, cost is a consideration although not the biggest consideration. Lets try to keep the price under $1500. That should leave many to choose from. Thanks in advance for your input.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ive always hated the 9mm since they all seam to have small grips and dont fit me. then i got a 9mm sig 226 with ct grips on trade and didn't figure to keep it long but as long as i had it i mise well shoot it a few times and i fell in love. next to my smith model 29 its the most accurate pistol ive ever shot and it fits me great. im not huge im 6'2 220 and have fairly large hands but this gun fits like a glove.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    BIG TIM,

"Target and best" 9mm, with a limit of $1500. excludes the best candidates.
    SIG P210's (possibly the best for precision target shooting) are way out of the budget.
    S&W 952's are likely over the price limit, but are excellent for precision target shooting right out of the box.
    Some shooters have berettas accurized for bullseye matches.

For $1500, you might be able to get a STI in 9.
    The SIG X-5 should be considered. (I'm unsure of the price)

Most of the others listed above, while fine firearms, are more combat pistols than precision target pieces. Although for casual target shooting they would all be more than adequate.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The USAMU (US Army Marksmanship Unit) uses highly modified Beretta 92's for bullseye competition. It is the current Service Pistol after all. There is no other 9mm target pistol that even comes close. I have no idea of the cost though....

GGoble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    I've been very happy w/ my Browning High Power, also recently aquired S&W M&P it's a pretty good shooter for the money.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    It may take some looking, but a Beretta 92 stock can be had in that price range and they are highly accurate out of the box. Not to mention they are not any bigger than a standard 92 so you could carry one easily enough.

If you have a Beretta 92FS then there is another option possibly open to you. I haven't checked recently but Brignoli did have some of the bushing kits for the 92 available late last year. While this won't make a 92fs a true 92 Stock, the Stock has a frame thumb safety, it would allow you to gain the positive lock up when in battery that will increase your accuracy a pretty decent amount. It would only require a good gunsmith to preoperly open the front of the slide for the conical bushing to to cause the barrel to lock up.

This is just something I thought you may want to think about. Especially if you havd a 92FS already.

Top Bottom