• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    The XD is a great gun and if price is a big deal you can find them for $400 range now.
    Also, the "S" series is nice and thin.
    LC9 Ruger is good too.
    To me the Nano was a tad too small, odd since I have a LCP, the Nano just felt odd (and I really wanted it)

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I like the LC9. It's not going to be for long range so 5 to 10 yards it is pretty accurate. I also put a laser on it from optics planet for about $80. It seems to keep you where you want to be.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I really like my LC9. It's a DAO gun and it took a little time to get accustomed to the LONG trigger pull. However, it's great when you want to carry concealed and after time, I've actually grown to like the long trigger pull.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Before you dump on the 45, try a USP. They recoil less than the 1911. Also, I don't know how worth it, it is to you, but you could do some heavy customization to your gun (slide lightening, and matching recoil springs). If the USP is too much for you, ya, you might want to step down. Of course, at that point I would say to try out a USP in 9mm. You are already used to a full size 1911, a full size USP isn't any bigger.
    slide lightening? where can I have those kinds of custom work done?

SigTom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Better try one before you buy if recoil is an issue. Light weight amplifies
    felt recoil on these little guns.

I agree. My sig p229 would be perfect for you. My friends' Walthers, XDs, and Glocks have more muzzle flip personally. But I also have large hands and arms and I have a more solid feel with my metal sig over the polymer handguns. I give too much hand/arm play with polymers cause I don't expect much recoil. Of course within a few shots I adjust and I'm fine but when you're in a life or death situation I don't think you have time to adjust your shot

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For a reasonably priced pistol it is hard to find anything smaller than the Kahr PM/CM 9. But feel and comfort are everything and I got that in the CM9, and $400 out the door with a second magazine felt pretty good, too.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I always advocate getting a handgun that you can work with when you whip it out. There is such a thing as too small. My XDM 3.8 compact is excellent in conceal carry role without sacrificing much in its size

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love my Nano. Carries well and you can shoot it all day at the range very comfortably. Soon there'll be an 8 round magazine out too for even more options.

Even though it's just a bit thinner than my G27, I think it makes a big difference for comfort in carrying.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I recently bought a S&W Shield in 9mm. I could not be happier with my deep conceal weapon. I normally carry my G19 but wanted something a little smaller. If you can get over to Seelyville I can take you out to the range here and give it a try. Just PM me if interested.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Went to a gun show this weekend with the intention that I would buy the Nano. And I would have, if it had another safety other than the one thats on the trigger. And it really wasn't as small as I thought it was going to be.

So I looked around, and without doing any bit of research beforehand, I picked up the Ruger LC9. I liked the feel of it. And it has the thumb safety. And you can better see if the hammers been cocked and ready to fire.

Took it to the Range Sunday, and it shoots pretty well. Like others have said, the trigger has an extremely long pull. And my first 3 shots were in about a 5inch group at about 7 yards. I didn't think that was bad at all.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I recently bought a S&W Shield in 9mm. I could not be happier with my deep conceal weapon. I normally carry my G19 but wanted something a little smaller. If you can get over to Seelyville I can take you out to the range here and give it a try. Just PM me if interested.

And if the timing is right, I'll meet both of you there and also let you try my Ruger LC9.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    For the super-small, I've had a Kahr, PF9, and now a Solo. The PF9 worked fine, just felt cheap. The Kahr just didn't fit me. After finding ammo it likes, the Solo works pretty well for me.

Try a bunch and you will find one you like.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger-performance/lc9-performance-parts/

Since we have been talking about the LC9 I wanted to add something else. As others have said, it really IS a good little gun. Galloway Precision was selling a trigger mod kit that reduces the pull and the reset pretty substantially. They have been out of stock for a while, but you can send them your hammer and trigger bar and they will mod it for you. This might be a good option for someone considering the LC9 for carry.

As stated before, it IS possible to get accurate groups with this pistol, it just takes a little more focus on the fundamentals. From reviews I have read on the trigger job, it still leaves the pistol with a decent amount of pull for a DAO "pocket" gun.

Top Bottom