• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blitz91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Terre Haute, In
    its time to take the next step I'm afraid and start molding, I've got a luber I've used previously for fixing the bunged up lube rings of manufactured bullets but I'm curious where to get a good mold, i can always rework minor inconsistencies in the mold as my dad is a tool maker that spent 10 years in a mold shop but i would prefer to start with something good and make it better rather than trying to fix something that was bad to begin with. if anyone has suggestions on what to get and what to avoid it would be awesome!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Lee molds are decent; I have a few. Their six cavities are higher quality than the one and two holers. Lyman/Ideal molds are good quality, as are most any other major manufacturer, RCBS, Saeco, NEI, etc. the majority of my molds have come from eBay. As long as try are taken care f, they'll basically last forever. Get the Lyman cast bullet handbook to cover the basics and read Glen's articles on the LASC site. He's a wealth of knowledge.

blitz91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Terre Haute, In
    excellent information and a good start to my search, good to have some brand names to look for, i neglected to mention that ive been making .75 musket balls for years so im familiar with the general technique, cant wait to do some more research and get one ordered, ive got a bag of clean brass and nothing to put in it!

Top Bottom