• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I saw some 9mm "brass" today with the headstamp marked "CC". It looked like bright and shiny once fired brass, but it was a steel case with some plating or coating on it to make it look "brassy"! The indoor range where I shoot doesn't allow steel cased ammo or ammo with a steel cored bullet. I would also question the value of it for reloading.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I saw some 9mm "brass" today with the headstamp marked "CC". It looked like bright and shiny once fired brass, but it was a steel case with some plating or coating on it to make it look "brassy"! The indoor range where I shoot doesn't allow steel cased ammo or ammo with a steel cored bullet. I would also question the value of it for reloading.

Capital Cartridge.

1708633774390.png

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I understand that with steel cases, there is the possibility of a spark igniting unburned powder at an indoor range and causing a fire. I can verify that there can be quite an accumulation of unburned powder on the floor, just in front of the firing line.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I understand that with steel cases, there is the possibility of a spark igniting unburned powder at an indoor range and causing a fire. I can verify that there can be quite an accumulation of unburned powder on the floor, just in front of the firing line.
    I lit the old H&H (now Freedom Firearms) on fire years ago.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    You can't say something like that without giving us the details! Inquiring minds want to know!:dunno:
    Okok. Highjacking the thread.
    I was shooting handguns with my brother in law, hereby known as dumbass. He brings an SKS. He at least brought soft points ammo. Dumbass can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside so I tried my hand to see if it is him or the rifle. I knelt down and rested the gun on the bench and touched one off. WOOOOSSSHHHH goes the entire back side of the firing line. I lit it off with muzzle blast. I scooped the ammo off the shelf away from the flames cause there was already enough fun happening. Staff grabbed extinguishers and put out the inferno. Aired the joint out and stuck with handguns. Lol.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    Oh my so glad I have been reading different posts and taking notes. Now I understand!! I accedently bought a box that was steal before.. now I know what to avoid that!

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    American Shooters in Clarksville?

I'm surprised they didn't catch it. I've watched them thoroughly inspect people's ammunition there

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    They were like that with me until they got to know me and realize that I don't take steel case to the indoor range. I have seen them though stop guys at the counter and tell them they have to take it out to the car and if they want to shoot they've got to buy brass case

Top Bottom