• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The History Channel is doing shows all this week about 9/11. The one I'm watching now is called, "Voices From Inside the Towers". It's mostly 911 calls and recorded messages that people inside the tower left on loved ones' answering machines and voice mail. I don't know how much of this or the other shows I'll be able to watch. While fascinating, it is at the same time chilling and horrific. I can't imagine the horror of being in those towers. Part of this show is also interviews with some of the survivors. I'm going to try and watch some more of the specials this week, but it nearly makes me physically ill. I will never forget. Just seeing the commercials for these shows for the past couple of weeks gives me chills every time.

Fantix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lawrence Co
    I watched last night with my wife. I find it hard to listen to the 911 calls and watch the videos. It's hard to believe that 15 years have passed. What I gets me though, is the amount of emergency works that perished. May GOD bless their souls.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I watched 90% of it. I got chills from the ph calls and messages. My son watched it with me. He was about 6 months old when it happen. he had a lot of questions about that day. We talked about what happened in the days to follow.

Those memories are etched in my mind. Something I will never forget. I can remember pretty much every moment of that day and the 5-6 days after that.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The gaping holes in the government cover-up attempts should likewise never be forgotten.

It does no service to the victims to accept on mere faith the concocted narrative we were handed while dismissing the actual evidence (including the criminal mishandling and hasty destruction of so much of that evidence).

Is anyone still interested in the truth or is it enough that we just remember to be sad (and vaguely angry with a faceless enemy)?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The gaping holes in the government cover-up attempts should likewise never be forgotten.

It does no service to the victims to accept on mere faith the concocted narrative we were handed while dismissing the actual evidence (including the criminal mishandling and hasty destruction of so much of that evidence).

Is anyone still interested in the truth or is it enough that we just remember to be sad (and vaguely angry with a faceless enemy)?

I think one of the upcoming episodes addresses this very subject. The inconsistencies, "missing" evidence, etc..

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that most people would as soon forget 9/11 as remember it. Our POTUS doesn't seem to let it affect his decision making. Having said that, I think it is important for those who weren't of age to learn about it. I just can't go over it again, just like I can't dwell on some of the bad things that I have witnessed in the past, including combat experiences. It opens old wounds. I was sitting at this very desk when it happened and for an odd reason turned on the radio. Immediately there was a news alert and then I went to the tv. I saw the second plane hit and realized what was happening, like everyone else. I'll never forget that day, but as I said, youngsters need to learn about it.

Top Bottom