• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    Ok, so I ran across some of these while looking for a 10/22 an AR receiver. My question is if you we're to buy one of these wouldn't you have to hold an FFL as a manufacturer to legally make them a functional receiver? I'm pretty sure of my abilities, I just don't want to drop the money and invest the time just to find out that I legally can't.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I have built (in semiauto) AKs, amd65s, an RPK, psl, Sten, a 1919 browning and some black powder stuff. Back years ago when i started messing around with it, it used to be said that you could build as many as you want, and sell up to three a year. Have no idea if that's right, as I don't like selling them.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    You are not supposed to sell them. You can make as many as you want. ATF SUGGESTS that you label them with your name and location of manufacture as well as come up with a numbering system, but just in case it is stolen. Your decision.

FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    I believe you are not supposed to make them for re-sale without the proper licenses. However, if you put a 1919 semi-Browning kit together and then one day decide you no longer want to hang on to it, you are allowed to sell it like any other semi-auto.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My question is if you we're to buy one of these wouldn't you have to hold an FFL as a manufacturer to legally make them a functional receiver?

It depends, doesn't it always in the law?:D

Door 1 or 2?

DOOR 1: I want to make my own TITLE ONE firearm and not have it enter the stream of commerce (i.e., I'm going to keep it and shoot it my own darn self), then NO FFL.

DOOR 2: I want to make them and re-sell them for my bidness, get FFL.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just looked up how to anodize them, and ordered the missing pieces. You can finish an 80%, no paperwork, no FFL, nothing, but you can't sell it, not even 3/yr. Serial number is optional but suggested; I think I'm going to put date codes on them just so I can tell them apart down the road. The fixture should be of much help in machining.

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Evil did you find someone to anodize? I'm looking for anodizing and engraving to finish mine. I am hoping for local since sending one somewhere to be finished would seem dicey at best with no real serial number and manufacturer.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Evil did you find someone to anodize? I'm looking for anodizing and engraving to finish mine. I am hoping for local since sending one somewhere to be finished would seem dicey at best with no real serial number and manufacturer.

In this thread Nucular said Industrial Anodizing may be able to do it...

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    yup saw other post and will try to call them and find out. also looking for CNC engraving locally.... well indy area if anyone knows of one I would be interested.

Top Bottom