8 yrs of fear overcame w/ 22LR! What is next? LCP in 380?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Make that XL module a Wilson Combat, and it's even better. Switched a couple of my 365's over to thr WC XL modules and love that combination.
    That's the one I was thinking of getting for mine, would like to get my hands on one just to see how it feels. And there is another very nice plus about going to the XL module with 12 rd mags with a flat base plate, much lower (almost non-existent for me) chance of pinching your palm between the mag base and grip when reloading. And the mag will drop free while keeping a good grip without having to strip it.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    That's the one I was thinking of getting for mine, would like to get my hands on one just to see how it feels. And there is another very nice plus about going to the XL module with 12 rd mags with a flat base plate, much lower (almost non-existent for me) chance of pinching your palm between the mag base and grip when reloading. And the mag will drop free while keeping a good grip without having to strip it.

I think it was the 10 round with a little extra grip and not the extra flushed one.
    As it turns out, even though my hands are kind of large for a female, my hands are longer and more narrow I guess?
    I don’t have the pinky issue with the flush fit P365. It’s the perfect length.

Also, the XL frame is a no go for me.
    I can conceal the P365 in both 1-2 o’clock and 4 o’clock
    .. and the combo of P365XL upper with the P365 frame in mostly the 4 o’clock.
    I didn’t try appendix with either.

If I go the sig route, I will probably get the XL and order a standard P365 frame… I didn’t particularly like the Wilson grip. Not sure how I felt about it.
    I prob will end up with a p365x and and XL both with the standard P365 frame.
    Why the X? Just because it has the optics cut and the standard doesn’t :,(

I’m just not sure which I’ll be happier to start with. I have fun shooting with the sig more than the Hellcat.

I’m sold on how customizable the Sigs are. While I like the Hellcat and may be a bit more accurate with it sometimes, I’m more flinchy cause the trigger. That hard wall and pull right at the end.. and knowing it can be more snappy for me.
    I like them and probably will get one later but I can’t be sure that I’ll always want to shoot it. With more experience I’m sure I’d like it more at that point.

Oh yeah so I did about 50 rounds with federal 115 gr target ammo through both today so I could compare.
    Just in general my rhythm between shots is speeding up! I’m back on target faster which in turn also made me faster and more accurate with the 22 lol.
    I was shooting at 15 yds at the end of my visit with my 9 and 22.

I’m going to add photos of my targets…

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    2CD7D4D8-5FAA-4EFA-89B2-7BB77B6CF938.jpeg
    P365. Circles are ones that missed the center target.

0476795B-6282-4FC1-A1D6-D2A70F09FD84.jpeg
    AF0D9301-1185-45AB-BDE3-40DF9F2D6A43.jpeg
    I wish I had tried this with the P365 for comparison.

416A10F4-16E4-4AB0-AD05-5A448AC2F1D5.jpeg
    Hellcat.
    65420104-C699-4773-A034-2E61B2E61512.jpeg
    Hellcat head target
    6CAE8390-8351-497E-9DC0-CAB813DB0506.jpeg

And finally the dump. (Some 22 with my carry, my 9mm at 15 yards)
    Some are at 5-7 yards when I started. And maybe like <10 of them were with the p365 when I first got it out. Circled is the P365 aimed at the #8. 06DFD680-83B5-441F-B3B7-57A684424DFD.jpeg
    Here’s a photo of when I started at 5-7 yards before the dump. Lol 324EF035-7529-4BFA-AD34-64E372939A7C.jpeg

What do you fine INGO people think?
    Any feedback is welcome.
    I know it’s not exactly consistent but hopefully pretty good for someone who just started 9mm under a week ago?

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think it was the 10 round with a little extra grip and not the extra flushed one.
    As it turns out, even though my hands are kind of large for a female, my hands are longer and more narrow I guess?
    I don’t have the pinky issue with the flush fit P365. It’s the perfect length.

Also, the XL frame is a no go for me.
    I can conceal the P365 in both 1-2 o’clock and 4 o’clock
    .. and the combo of P365XL upper with the P365 frame in mostly the 4 o’clock.
    I didn’t try appendix with either.

If I go the sig route, I will probably get the XL and order a standard P365 frame… I didn’t particularly like the Wilson grip. Not sure how I felt about it.
    I prob will end up with a p365x and and XL both with the standard P365 frame.
    Why the X? Just because it has the optics cut and the standard doesn’t :,(

I’m just not sure which I’ll be happier to start with. I have fun shooting with the sig more than the Hellcat.

I’m sold on how customizable the Sigs are. While I like the Hellcat and may be a bit more accurate with it sometimes, I’m more flinchy cause the trigger. That hard wall and pull right at the end.. and knowing it can be more snappy for me.
    I like them and probably will get one later but I can’t be sure that I’ll always want to shoot it. With more experience I’m sure I’d like it more at that point.

Oh yeah so I did about 50 rounds with federal 115 gr target ammo through both today so I could compare.
    Just in general my rhythm between shots is speeding up! I’m back on target faster which in turn also made me faster and more accurate with the 22 lol.
    I was shooting at 15 yds at the end of my visit with my 9 and 22.

I’m going to add photos of my targets…
    Okay. I've got the exact opposite hands. Short and wide, kinda like me in general. With the flush fit I can get two fingers on the grip, with the 12 rd or XL frame I can fit all three barely with a good sized chunk of palm hanging off the bottom.

As for the targets, pretty good. Especially for someone who is new.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 229563
    P365. Circles are ones that missed the center target.

View attachment 229565
    View attachment 229566
    I wish I had tried this with the P365 for comparison.

View attachment 229567
    Hellcat.
    View attachment 229572
    Hellcat head target
    View attachment 229573

And finally the dump. (Some 22 with my carry, my 9mm at 15 yards)
    Some are at 5-7 yards when I started. And maybe like <10 of them were with the p365 when I first got it out. Circled is the P365 aimed at the #8. View attachment 229568
    Here’s a photo of when I started at 5-7 yards before the dump. Lol View attachment 229569

What do you fine INGO people think?
    Any feedback is welcome.
    I know it’s not exactly consistent but hopefully pretty good for someone who just started 9mm under a week ago?
    I love it when a member posts multiple targets & guns with distances, showing the good, the bad & the ugly, haha! :thumbsup:
    Something I saw once on Youtube that I've not got around emulating yet, was a young woman whose coach had her start very close from a target shooting, then increasing the distance.
    If memory serves:
    She shot 3-5 shots 1 yd away attempting 1 hole.
    Then 2 yds away, the same.
    Then 3 yds away & continuing to add distance.
    Early on, there would be a stray shot, or two. :laugh:
    With the increasing distances, of course, it stopped being 1 hole or even a "cloverleaf" with rds still grouping nicely.
    I forget how far out she went, but it looked fun!
    Really gave a person a reality check on their mistakes of flinching, pulling & etc.
    If at 3' away, if not being able to shoot 1 hole or close to that, perhaps you can blame the gun or ammo, like I do, haha! :lmfao:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I love it when a member posts multiple targets & guns with distances, showing the good, the bad & the ugly, haha! :thumbsup:
    Something I saw once on Youtube that I've not got around emulating yet, was a young woman whose coach had her start very close from a target shooting, then increasing the distance.
    If memory serves:
    With the increasing distances, of course, it stopped being 1 hole or even a "cloverleaf" with rds still grouping nicely.
    Really gave a person a reality check on their mistakes of flinching, pulling & etc.
    If at 3' away, if not being able to shoot 1 hole or close to that, perhaps you can blame the gun or ammo, like I do, haha! :lmfao:
    You could try this with 44 Mag and it would probably help you move the targets back. :)

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    ProTEQ Test Fire Opportunity

This would probably be more helpful than a rental session.
    Thanks! Have you tried it?
    I was wondering how many options there would be in comfortable (for me) calibers?
    I wouldn’t mind trying some 380s, 9, maybe even 38 and 45 in a full size… but nothing like 40, 357 Magnum or above that.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If memory serves:

Thanks! Yeah I learned that I definitely should not go for a headshot over 10 yards away but hey, I had to try on a target for fun lol.
    (I know to aim at center mass in a SD situation and not the head)
    That sounds like a fun exercise!

I’ve been practicing with a laser bullet but haven’t found a great app for it.
    I do practice without an app and I’ve seen an improvement.

I guess I could record myself while I shoot to evaluate? I might next time I go. I know I’ll see flinching and some jerks to the left/down when I pull.

My eyes don’t always blink when I shoot 22 now! Lol

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah, so on the LCP 22, I have mixed feelings about it.

I have had at least one stovepipe each range visit and I can’t say that it was always a thunderbolt, but it does happen more frequently with them.
    It has had some issues feeding the thunderbolts where I have to drop the mag cause the slide would be stiff “hung up?” To the point where it won’t enter the barrel and I just have to eject it.
    Yesterday it blew back hot powder over my eyebrow and would have been my eye if not for safety glasses. I can’t say it’s fun when hot casings hit my face or neck but the hot powder put me back in some flinches because my confidence in the Lcp 22 went down. It also gets hot powder over my hands while I’m shooting which none of the other guns have done that to me.

There was a whole bunch of crap in the barrel… shards of metal.. like it was caked in metal and powder.
    I popped out a lot of it with the barrel brush and solvent. Went through it with cloth with solvent + oil. The oil loosened up what the solvent didn’t.

I’ve decided that I’m not going to use thunderbolts in it once I’m done with the box. I’m using the box as a benchmark for round count.

I wonder if I’ll have a different experience with using a different bulk ammo? I plan to only use plated bullets.. no more exposed lead.

I love it when it works but I’m not so confident in it.
    I did have to one or two failures to feed with my Px4 and blazer 124gr ammo but I think my finger might have been on the slide or something.
    I had another with one of the rentals.. but I doubt they’ve been cleaned + lubricated recently.

I’m leaning towards cleaning and user error.. I may be causing some of the malfunctions.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Thanks! Have you tried it?
    I was wondering how many options there would be in comfortable (for me) calibers?
    I wouldn’t mind trying some 380s, 9, maybe even 38 and 45 in a full size… but nothing like 40, 357 Magnum or above that.
    I’ve not done the TFO. I think you get to try 4 or 5 guns, but they’ll work from what you’re looking for. So you could try the Hellcat and P365 again with them observing, and they may suggest others based on what you like or don’t about those.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Probably has been mentioned but what about a LCR 357 but shoot only 38? If the LCR is too short try a GP in a 4in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Probably has been mentioned but what about a LCR 357 but shoot only 38? If the LCR is too short try a GP in a 4in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may give the LCR a try. I’m not familiar with what a GP is?
    I’m really looking for the capacity of a double stack pistol. The P365 shoots comfortably well for how small it is and I found it enjoyable.. which means I wouldn’t hesitate to train with it :)

I wouldn’t mind having revolvers as secondary carry options but not as my primary EDC. I’m not nearly as comfortable with revolvers as pistols (as of now).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If they made a 380acp that was the size of a Glock 19, CZ P10C, P365 Macro, G3c, etc with a 15+1 capacity it would really reduce the felt recoil of the 380acp and it would increase its performance with the 4" barrel. I'd think it would sell better because some people just can't handle the 9mm and in the compact form with a decent capacity it could make a big difference.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If they made a 380acp that was the size of a Glock 19, CZ P10C, P365 Macro, G3c, etc with a 15+1 capacity it would really reduce the felt recoil of the 380acp and it would increase its performance with the 4" barrel. I'd think it would sell better because some people just can't handle the 9mm and in the compact form with a decent capacity it could make a big difference.
    CZ 83

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It's hard to find they need a modern model.
    I don't think they are hard to find but hard is relative, I collect CZ-82 pistols and I seem to run into CZ-83 pistols quite a bit.
    They are steel with fixed-barrel accuracy, feel great in my hands and are fun shooters, I'm sure they could be modernized but I'll reserve judgement on whether that would result in improvements.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't think they are hard to find but hard is relative, I collect CZ-82 pistols and I seem to run into CZ-83 pistols quite a bit.
    They are steel with fixed-barrel accuracy, feel great in my hands and are fun shooters, I'm sure they could be modernized but I'll reserve judgement on whether that would result in improvements.
    Let me put it a different way. They are not being produced now. There are very few if people decide to go the above route and supply would dry up in a few days time. They are also under 15rds.
    I'm talking about a modern day handgun that meets the 15+1 or more criteria, and produced on a scale that you would see them readily available I'm lgs and online.

Top Bottom